Let's vote for your favourite amp reissue!!!

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elric

Reaction score
I think there was a reissue in pedal format, the ADA MP-1 channel, I've never tried it though...

I'd buy a reissued MP-1 just for the nostalgia factor...
That was a solid state pedal though and not really much of a substitute. It felt like someone trying to capitalize on the name after they had bought it.

The OG MP-1 was special, if you are into that style of sounds and the era from which it came. Its tone stack was completely unique, you cannot replicate it 1:1 with anything on the market and the three voices were just really well implemented for that hot rod Marshall era.

If you don’t ’get it’ that’s fine. But there is a reason it is revered by a lot of folks. It was a special unit and ground breaking in a lot of ways, IMHO.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necky379

Reaction score
Yeah MP-1 is one of my all time favorites. I’ve had modded ones and a bunch of stockers, I kept the best sounding one which is a bone stock 2.01.

MP-1
JMP-1
Framus Cobra (hopefully with a couple design changes)
Ampeg VH-140C

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
An MP-1 was used on Around the Fur and Focus (alongside a H&K Access) which are 2 god-tier metal tones. Pretty much why I always wanted one

Marked Man

Reaction score
That was a solid state pedal though and not really much of a substitute. It felt like someone trying to capitalize on the name after they had bought it.

The OG MP-1 was special, if you are into that style of sounds and the era from which it came. Its tone stack was completely unique, you cannot replicate it 1:1 with anything on the market and the three voices were just really well implemented for that hot rod Marshall era.

If you don’t ’get it’ that’s fine. But there is a reason it is revered by a lot of folks. It was a special unit and ground breaking in a lot of ways, IMHO.

Tone for days with my ADAs....

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

You' re referring to the ADA APP1 (solid state pedal), I'm talking about the ADA MP1 Channel pedal (twin 12AX7 preamp pedal), I'm aware it's a strip down version of the og ada mp1, but they say it's very close sound wise...

Last edited:

Shask

Reaction score
to me it sounds like it's in-between the studio Pre and the IIC+. It doesn't get as middy and tight as the IIC+ but also isn't as scooped and loose as the Studio.
I can see that. I do think the Studio was fatter and sludgier. I didn't like it much without a boost, but with the IICP sometimes I use a boost, and other times I dont.