vick1000

Reaction score
It's "bound" to your account. Once you buy a pack, it's yours and you can dl it all you need or save it on a drive

It will also stay on your machine as long as you don't update it.

Line 6 isn't clear abiut this so I had to call a rep. I did this before I purchased, because there was no way I was buying a metal pack over and over again for my pro.

All right. Thanks guys.

I am considering a used HD Pro X, and wondering if it has any extra amps. So if I even connect it to the editing software, it would proabably require a login and update?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeNeal

Reaction score
alright, so ever since i got a pod hd pro, i get massive amounts of BSOD while recording using reaper.

i discovered that alot of the BSOD were caused by my antivirus software (macafee specifically)

but i still get the occasional poorly timed BSOD, it usually comes right after i do a perfect take, i hit save, then it BSOD and the file is corrupted when i try and reload it.

anyone have a similar problem?

happens on my desktop with windows 8, and happens on my laptop on windows 10.

also forgot to mention, it happens with any other DAW i use as well. all drivers are up to date.

Rizzo

Reaction score
alright, so ever since i got a pod hd pro, i get massive amounts of BSOD while recording using reaper.

i discovered that alot of the BSOD were caused by my antivirus software (macafee specifically)

but i still get the occasional poorly timed BSOD, it usually comes right after i do a perfect take, i hit save, then it BSOD and the file is corrupted when i try and reload it.

anyone have a similar problem?

happens on my desktop with windows 8, and happens on my laptop on windows 10.

also forgot to mention, it happens with any other DAW i use as well. all drivers are up to date.
I also use Win8 and Reaper. Never had any issues

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
All right. Thanks guys.

I am considering a used HD Pro X, and wondering if it has any extra amps. So if I even connect it to the editing software, it would proabably require a login and update?

CLick on my username, and look at my posts. I answered this topic VERY in depth for someone...I cant remember which forum thread.... I will post the link in an edit.

Short answer, NO new amps unless you get a pod hd pro x that someone bought an extension pack on. The ONLY difference between the pro, and pro x is there is enough dsp to run 1-2 more effects. Theres nothing different hardware wise, and was basically re-released just so they could re-release the entire line of Pod HD's as "x".

The floorboard version has updated buttons and switches.

EDIT: Heres the link http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/305648-pod-hd-into-frfr.html

I replied to the OP and put my notes in JIC you cant find my way too overkill response lol.

jeremyb

Reaction score
Anyone using a Logidy EPSi for IR loading with their HD? thinking it might be a goer if I flick my tube amp and go FRFR... currently only using the HD for effects, amp sims are off.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So... Either I'm doing something wrong or the POD HD just sucks as a pedalboard. :lol:

I'm trying to get this thing at unity gain so I can use my Peavey Bandit for the preamp. But when I try to get the best tone the output is either too low or it's extremely muddy.

I have the output set to combo front and set to "AMP". Am I missing anything? Is the fabled tone suck REALLY that bad?

saminator

Do you even praise, bro?
Reaction score
I'm just running it simple ATM, sending the 1/4th left out into the Bandit's high gain input.

Okay, so you're just using it for effects. Just set the POD to direct and turn off the amp model. Don't worry about the combo/head/whatever settings.

EDIT: You are correct however in setting the 1/4" out to AMP.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I have the amp models off already. It's a completely amp-free setup. What I have going on is a noise gate and a boost. That's it.

I have the master on the POD dimed. Is there anything else I'm missing? Should I be messing with the mixer?

saminator

Do you even praise, bro?
Reaction score
The mixer is good for a clean boost. Set the guitar in switch to NORMAL and set the inputs to Guitar and Same. That will give you a strong signal coming into your POD.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
So, I've got a POD 2.0 right now, and I kind of want to upgrade. I'm looking to start recording stuff, and wanted a better tone. I play (mostly) on 8 strings and play styles from Melodic Death to clean proggy-goodness like a STS clean passage. I'm looking at used HD400s and 500s. From what I can tell, the main differences is that the 500 has more inputs, twice as long as a loop time (doesn't matter, I have a looper), and can run 8 (rather than 4) pedals (for lack of better terms) at the same time? I'm finding 400s for ~$200, and would rather go for that than the 500 at $300, unless sound quality is that much better. So, is there any differences other than what I've said above?

TL;DR - Is the sound quality on the 500 very superior to the 400?

EDIT: If somebody could also tell me what the POD Pro (and XT Pro) is, and where it fits with what I've said above, that'd be stellar.

Here is a rundown i did in a thread. It helped someone else on this very thread as well:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/305648-pod-hd-into-frfr.html

Its in the MASSIVE reply I made, so just scroll through and you should have a lot of ?'s answered.

Let me know what else you need to know.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
So... Either I'm doing something wrong or the POD HD just sucks as a pedalboard. :lol:

I'm trying to get this thing at unity gain so I can use my Peavey Bandit for the preamp. But when I try to get the best tone the output is either too low or it's extremely muddy.

I have the output set to combo front and set to "AMP". Am I missing anything? Is the fabled tone suck REALLY that bad?

That fabled "tone suck" is from not reading the Manual, and also the Bible that is Meambobo's website.

It SOUNDS to me like you are having an issue with the relationship between, the Volume control on the LCD, The Master control on the LCD, and the PODs PHYSICAL Master knob.

It sounds like you are making all the right connections....

Detail EXACTLY how you have things set up in your POD and if its what I am thinking (1 of 4 things) its a quick fix...

I dont mean to be ambiguous but I am not going to type a giant response unless I am clear where the issue might be coming from.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I did end up doing some ....ing around and tried doing the 4CM. It seems to have a lot less tone suck than running it like just a pedalboard, so I guess that solved the problem. :lol:

But yeah, I'm actually thinking about trading this for a Boss GT series. I'm not too big on using the amp sims anymore, and am looking for something more aimed at the effects rather than the amp sims.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
It's one of 4 things:

1. You haven't hard panned a single chain of blocks (all lines in the pod hd connecting items are stereo unless ir comes after a mono summing effect)
2. Your volume on the preset, in relation to the physical Master knob on the chassis is off
3. You aren't pushing the master in your amp Sim hard enough
4. You have the wrong setting selected in the output options

You should not be experiencing tone and volume loss if those 4 are in check.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
Also remember for any amp that has no master volume (5150, Etc) The pod's master knob controls the output of it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's one of 4 things:

1. You haven't hard panned a single chain of blocks (all lines in the pod hd connecting items are stereo unless ir comes after a mono summing effect)
2. Your volume on the preset, in relation to the physical Master knob on the chassis is off
3. You aren't pushing the master in your amp Sim hard enough
4. You have the wrong setting selected in the output options

You should not be experiencing tone and volume loss if those 4 are in check.

I should mention I'm still using the pre amp of my amp.

1) yes everything is hard panned right.
2) everything is dimed
3)amp sims are off
4) set to combo power amp.