Line 6 Pod USB drivers installation issue, please help!

• Thread starter nilenecrophagist
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nilenecrophagist

Reaction score
Just got a Line 6 Pod XT off ebay, have been using it, got some tones I like out of it. I connected it to my laptop and installed the drivers so that I can use it to record in Cubase.

however, although I ran the installer for the drivers and it said it was successful (and I can see the drivers in the Line 6 folder in Program Files x86) the pod XT is not detected and monkey says the drivers have not been installed. very confused, anyone know how to fix this?

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=895183b463f39ac1bff465ee7b51660b&oe=58DEE9E9

lewis

Reaction score
sorry I cant help but I will add that I had all sorts of the same issues with drivers etc on my laptop, installing the UX1 soundcard stuff to use podfarm. So i can totally relate.

Its nothing but a nightmare when it plays up like this. I was tearing my hair out until I finally got it resolved.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I've had a lot of issues with Line 6 updates on my POD Studio GX. I always have to download the updates manually from the Line 6 update page on their website. I recommend going on their website and downloading all the drivers from there.

auntyethel

Skommeling
Reaction score
Try a bunch of different USB ports maybe?

This actually helped me, one or two of mine didn't work. Also don't use a hub. Or try a different cable if you can.

Another potential issue that I faced with my HD500 which hopefully is not the case, is that the USB port on the POD can die (the plastic bit in the middle of mine broke off). I've seen complaints that they're not exactly the best built ports... It did the same, where the drivers were listed in Windows as being there, but Monkey couldn't detect it as the Pod didn't register.

Mike

Reaction score
Make sure it is a usb 2.0 port you're plugging into. 3.0 ports have always been finicky with pod products. Get the driver right from Line 6's site as others have mentioned.

In the past, I've had to go right into the device manager, uninstall the device driver from there, because of an initial corrupt install, then perform the reinstall.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
Try different ports and cables too. Also, uninstalling/reinstalling from the device maager should help. I had a similar issues with my HD. Although changing the cable did help, I still occasionally got errors, which led me to just go through another interface unplug it from the USB port. I feel like L6 is basically just neglecting the driver issues for the older stuff, which is sort of understandable at this point.

Latest posts