Locking Tuners for Ibanez RG

• Thread starter BlackFalcon17
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
I'd like to replace the tuners on my Ibanez RGIR20FE and RG1421 with locking tuners. If possible, I'm looking for drop-in replacements so that I won't have to do any modifications, but I can't find the specs for them anywhere. These d'addario auto-trim look interesting https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PWAT6R1

If could tell me if these would work, or something else that would, that'd be cool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I'd like to replace the tuners on my Ibanez RGIR20FE and RG1421 with locking tuners. If possible, I'm looking for drop-in replacements so that I won't have to do any modifications, but I can't find the specs for them anywhere. These d'addario auto-trim look interesting https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PWAT6R1

If could tell me if these would work, or something else that would, that'd be cool!

I just put these in my S5527 and dropped right in. Super easy to install and great tuners.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Get some nice Gotoh DSL tuners. Saves weight and the ugly thumbwheel...

Matt08642

Reaction score

Take one off and measure the hole

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some Gotoh MG-T locking tuners off of eBay for a couple of my Ibanez's and they were a direct swap. Only thing I had to do was drill some pilot holes for the little screws but other than that I couldn't be happier.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
Really appreciate all the replies, guys!

I bought some Gotoh MG-T locking tuners off of eBay for a couple of my Ibanez's and they were a direct swap. Only thing I had to do was drill some pilot holes for the little screws but other than that I couldn't be happier.

Okay so it will require a bit of drilling? Thanks for the heads up

Chabo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you don't want to drill, just tighten the but holding the tuners in (that's what I do with my Planet Waves Auto-trims. Please use a ratchet so you don't scratch anything.