Longshot trade - my LoPro Edge 7 plus cash for a newer one

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok, so here's the background of the story.

The trem on my PWH is, well, it's a 15-year-old guitar that's been ridden hard its whole life. The knife edges are fine, it's very stable, but there's some definite cosmetic wear and more to the point, the trem arm holder is pretty worn, not the holder itself, but the body of the trem where it screws in. I'm not sure what happened to it earlier in its career, but it was in pretty rough shape when I got it, partially stripped out so it was wiggling a little bit, which sucks if you like to use the bar (and I :wub: to use the bar).

Last night, I disassembled it so I could lock-tite the sucker up. No dice - it's stripped to the point where I can't physically back the thing out, once you get to a certain point. I doused it down pretty well with blue Lock-tite and tightened everything back up, so while I havent checked it out yet it's probably operational. However, it's definitely on its last legs, and will at some point need to be replaced if I continue to be a moderately heavy trem user (which I plan on doing).

So, here's my offer: do any of you who aren't big trem users have a functionally sound LoPro Edge 7 in a guitar? Like I said, the trem's cosmetically a bit worn but aside from that is, barring the arm holder, totally functionally sound. If you block your trem or just do the Korn-style "palm the trem for vibrato" sort of stuff, or use the bar only occasionally, this bridge will serve you perfectly. However, I'm a big George Lynch/Joe Satriani fan, so accordingly I'm going to eventually come to the point where I'll have to replace the whole thing if I want to keep using the bar, and I'd rather not do that just yet.

The trem in question is Cosmo Black - the "black chrome" Ibanez finish. I'd naturally prefer to do a swap for the same finish, but if you've got something else and are willing to swap tuners and everything so the hardware matches, then we can talk.

New Lo-Pro7's go for $300 on Ibanez Rules. Accordingly, I'm thinking mine plus $100 for a cosmetically clean one with good knife edges, a little less for a worn-looking one that's still perfectly functional. I realize this is kind of a strange offer, but if you're interested, let me know. :yesway:

I'll get pictures up tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:bump:

I've been playing the PWH more of late, and with a refret and a new trem this would be a seriously kickass player, so... :lol:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
What Colour is your trem? And how bad is the cosmetic damage? (To compare to mine)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll take a pic, but the short of it is a lot of pitting. the bar is also a bit pitted here and there, but I don't particularly care about that so if your bar is cleaner and that's an issue I'd be cool keeping mine.

It's not that I care what the thing LOOKS like, it's just the part of the body where the trem holder screws in has begun to strip out, so there's a bit of give to the arm that you can't do anything about, and I'm more the "subtle bar dip" than "dive-bombs-away!!!" type.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's mine. You'll have to swap the base plates, but the base plate doesn't seem to have anything to do with the issues you're having with yours. But that's why I asked what colour yours was.

P3050128.jpg

P3050129.jpg

P3050130.jpg

P3050131.jpg

P3050132.jpg

And yes, i'm aware of the lack of intonation. :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: Guys, the problem is NOT the arm holder.

The problem is that the BODY OF THE TREM is stripped out where the arm holder screws in. I purged all the extra discussion on OFR arm holders, as I'm not interested in going that route and I don't think it'd even work.

Scott, mine's in way worse cosmetic shape than that, lol. I mean, aside from that extra lefty hole, which IS pretty gay. :fawk: But I'm pretty sure it's the same color - tough to tell from the pics.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if it's the same colour, then I can ship mine to you, you can can swap out the base plates, and then ship me back yours, but with my base plate.

I haven't even played the thing since I got it back so I won't miss it.

Edit: And fuck off it's hard to tell fom the pics. I had excellent lighting. Those pics kick ass :fawk:

Edit #2: Wait, so you'll need a new base plate because yours is stripped? Is that the main issue?

[action=Scott]doesn't fully read posts before he types a reply.[/action]

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the issue is the bass plate, dude. :lol: Thanks anyway.

It's the reflections - I can't tell if it's straight chrome, or "cosmo black" chrome.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the issue is the bass plate, dude. :lol: Thanks anyway.

It's the reflections - I can't tell if it's straight chrome, or "cosmo black" chrome.

See thats the problem.. this is for a guitar :rolleyes: