Looking for a new audio interface.. suggestions?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
Sadly my audio interface for the past 7 years is on its last legs. I have been using focusrite scarlet 2nd gen solo and have been happy using it. I primarily record ONLY guitar with Reaper DAW software amp simes (mercuriall ampbox, bogren digital ampknob, ml sound labs, line 6 helix native, audio assault amp locker etc.) With Toontrack ez drummer III with modern metal expansion and ez bass. Should i just get the new focusrite scarlet 4th gen SOLO or UAD volt. For my needs i dont need any additional input or output. Just 1x guitar input and to my Apple Imac and my Ik multimedia Ilouds. Please advise. Thank you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Don't you have a currently running thread asking about how to stop buying guitar stuff?

So, in that context, my advice is:
DON'T.

Don't buy more stuff. For two reasons - you asked for that specific advice, but also because 99.9% of the time, a new interface doesn't give better results. The Scarlett interfaces are just fine. People make commercial stuff on them all the time. And you already have other gear that can accomplish the same thing.

vejichan

Reaction score
Don't you have a currently running thread asking about how to stop buying guitar stuff?

So, in that context, my advice is:
DON'T.

Don't buy more stuff. For two reasons - you asked for that specific advice, but also because 99.9% of the time, a new interface doesn't give better results. The Scarlett interfaces are just fine. People make commercial stuff on them all the time. And you already have other gear that can accomplish the same thing.
well no working audio interface means --- no way to get my guitar into my mac to use the plugins/record. I'm in no way a technician for Focusrite or i'll try to fix the issue with my audio interface which i purchase for a measly $100. It's about 8 years since i purchased it so maybe it's time to get a new one because it's not working properly. Maybe ... wait maybe no audio interface means i now have a reason not to buy plugins/record or play guitar anymore? tempting but naaa.. i need a new audio interface. Any suggestions? I'm sure they have improved alot since i purchased mine.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Bro you have a fucking axe fx why are we still doing this.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Good thing its a floor unit huh.

giphy.gif

vejichan

Reaction score
Good thing its a floor unit huh.
desk space does include the floor that the desk sits on. point is i dont really want to plug/unplug/take out/put away my fm9 everytime i wan to use it. i rather have a dedicated audio interface that sits on my desk next to my mac. also a focusrite solo cost 100$ and fm9 cost 1800$ ...

vejichan

Reaction score
So does that also include universe space?

Desk -> Floor -> House -> Earth -> Solar System -> Galaxy -> Cluster -> Super Cluster -> Universe

MV5BMTQxOTA4OTAyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM4MzcyNA@@._V1_.jpg
regardless of space.. .fact is need a working audio interface. You can entertain yourself with this "SPACE" comment all day long but i will kindly step away till i get a proper recommendation,

jaxadam

Reaction score
regardless of space.. .fact is need a working audio interface. You can entertain yourself with this "SPACE" comment all day long but i will kindly step away till i get a proper recommendation,

What kind of recommendation are you looking for?

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm sure they have improved alot since i purchased mine.
No they have not Veji. Your FM9 is still as good as it was on the day you bought it.
This also applies to the Scarlett Solo (except gen1.)

Latest posts