Looking for a session drummer in Mass/NH

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My stuff's just about all written down, would love to get pro drums in the studio since I can't program them to save my life.

It's metal, looking for someone with some groove/jazz influence that can play on the heavier side as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris, I've got a buddy of mine who's big into Tool and Metallica, plays in a hardcore punk band for fun and a John Mayer-esq pop band for cash, and studied jazz drumming in college. I'd be in a band with him if he wasn't out in the Westfield/Springfield area, but as it is he's the guy I want playing on my album.

His current band - pretty chill and funky, but the guy can get heavy too.

http://www.myspace.com/justinallentrio

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
For the right price, I'll program the drums for you ;)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm going into a studio sometime next month to cut the first track, and the guy's a session drummer, but if I can bring in someone a bit more brutal I'd love to. :metal:

I'll also need to borrow your bass. :D

We're doing Midwinter first, since it's the easiest to hand out and say "this is the arrangement".

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: Sure, if you want the thing.

You're so going to finish your album before mine.:(

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, if you know a bass player that kicks ass, I'd like to borrow him instead. :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not anyone who plays metal, and not anyone who plays five string (though, I do havea buddy I might try to convince to tune to B and play bass for me on my album so I don't have to, lol)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Got a drummer. :metal: Also have studio time setup. I'm so finishing my album before 'D does. :D

If you live in New England and are a solid metal bassist, we'll get you loaded to play on my album

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
Got a drummer. :metal: Also have studio time setup. I'm so finishing my album before 'D does. :D

If you live in New England and are a solid metal bassist, we'll get you loaded to play on my album

Oh wait solid nevermindthen :D

Reaction score
Chris said:
My stuff's just about all written down, would love to get pro drums in the studio since I can't program them to save my life.

It's metal, looking for someone with some groove/jazz influence that can play on the heavier side as well.

Hi Chris,
I think I jammed, on drums, with You, Drew and Tim S of Silent Factor and the rest , at his Studio in Billerica Last Friday Nite. Had a blast that nite and glad u guys liked it.
I'd like to help u out on your CD, 25yrs Drumming, 34yo into sabbath, tool, metallica, acid jazz, nasty ass funk, fusion, billy cobham, weckl, dennis chambers, danny carey, vinnie paul, mitch mitchell of hendrix, john bohnam, bill ward, progr metal, jazzfusion
Quick Song Learner and lots of Recording Studio Exp.
Will do the songs justice and make it effective...

http://www.myspace.com/thegrooveworks
site is only couple weeks old w/ mp3 samples and live drum solos
ps gave the sevenstring.org crew I jammed with some props on myspace...
video later this week of the jam session....

Check out the custom kit. this same kit was lent to / used on Dogfights last Studio CD and a similar kit was sent to EvansBlue on tour now with Breaking Benjamin.
The drums are top of the line and built by me @ AmericanDrumCraft
( ADC web site is in draft mode for 2007 release ),
DW pedals , All AKG and Rode Cond Mics and AKD D112 on kick. Paiste Top of the Line Signature Series Cymbals and others..
Zoom 16track Dig recorder, Lexicon, Presonus, DBX, BBE, Furman, Yamaha 16track mixer w/ fx and Several snare drums to choose from if needed.
more live improv. drum solos also posted on youtube.com ( Phil Diana Drum Solo )

Hope to hear from you-
Thanks Again Bro
Grooveworks@comcast.net
Phil Diana