Looking for extended range templates

Divebombvt

Reaction score
I am looking for a place where I can get 7 string floyd rose templates, 7 string pickup Standard and Emg/SD 707, and 8 string pickup templates as a nice bonus would be cool, not needed at this time though.

Thanks in advance:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Might have to settle for making them yourself. I think (don't quote me on it) that on the EMG website as well as other pickup manufacturer sites, they have dimensions and drawings of the pickups available as pdf's. So if you print them up on a 1:1 scale you can just trace them to some mdf or plexi or whatever you wanna make the template out of and make it yourself. As for the Floyd, that I don't know.

Divebombvt

Reaction score
I have made both myself, the floyd rose came out okay for all parts version, but if I were to do a build with an original 7 then I would really prefer a store bought laser cut one. Same with the pickups, I have a working template that works fine for ring mounted pickups, but if I were to do a open view mount I wouldn't be clean enough. Thanks for you help, never knew emg had those on their site, I will have to check it out.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I have made both myself, the floyd rose came out okay for all parts version, but if I were to do a build with an original 7 then I would really prefer a store bought laser cut one. Same with the pickups, I have a working template that works fine for ring mounted pickups, but if I were to do a open view mount I wouldn't be clean enough. Thanks for you help, never knew emg had those on their site, I will have to check it out.
No problem, I'm kind of interested myself as to where to find a Floyd template. Let us know if you find anything good.

Divebombvt

Reaction score
Will do, unfortunately I think I am gonna have to get the template from stew mac for a 6 string, then just move it over for the extra width, but I have no idea if the ones at stewmac are original or licensed.