Looking for some pickups advice!

RobertVII

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm currently thinking about buying 2 sets of new pickups for my Kiesel Vader 7 and Kiesel Zeus Multiscale 8. I'm thinking about getting a set of ionizers for the 7 string and a set of eclipses for the 8 string (Dimarzio for both). I've never changed pickups on my own before but I know how to use a soldering iron.

The advice I'm looking for pertains to guitars I want to put the pickups in. I've read that installing pickups on Kiesel guitars tend to be a little more difficult. Some of the ways I've read to get around the issue is swapping base plates with the lithium pickups already installed. Is this something for someone doing this for the first time to be too difficult? I planned on doing this anyway with the 8 string guitar so I could accomodate the pickup angle. Would this work for both guitars to get around any issues I might have? Any other pickup swapping advice is well appreciated as well.

TL;DR - I want to swap pickups in my 7 and 8 string guitars but I am not sure if the pickups are "plug and play" in sense without swapping base plates.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
if you can follow a diagram you can install pickups. also take pics of the original wiring before you start so you can reference it at a later time.
as far as swapping baseplates, it's pretty simple.
If you did want to use the dimarzio baseplates you may have to trim the ends a tiny bit.

RobertVII

Reaction score
if you can follow a diagram you can install pickups. also take pics of the original wiring before you start so you can reference it at a later time.
as far as swapping baseplates, it's pretty simple.
If you did want to use the dimarzio baseplates you may have to trim the ends a tiny bit.

Gotcha! I'll be sure to take a picture then. Big fan of your pick up shoot out series btw!