Looks like Dean is selling out Dimebag again

• Thread starter poopyalligator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

norrin radcliff

Reaction score
If even they for some reason DIDN'T authorize it, you can sure bet that anyone else's family would be in court trying to stop it, at least.:realmad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Meanwhile at the Dean headquarters..

The Big Cheese: Recently due to our Razorback pricehike, introduction of excessive amounts of unbalanced and unwieldable dime signatures, and moving guitar production over to Ethiopia, we are no longer selling anymore Razorback lines.

Dean employee 1:
Damn! I thought they would never figure out if we put those "Made in Japan" stickers on the back of the necks!

Dean employee 2:
Why don't we start our own clothing line?

Dean employee 1: Yeah! We can plaster dime's face on it and put more shame to his name with crappy ass products, since that's our only selling point now that we have all our production models being made in third world countries!

The Big Cheese: Ingenious idea! PROMOTIONS EVERYONE!! GET READY CLOTHING INDUSTRY, HERE COMES DEAN GUITARS TO FUCK YOUR SHIT UP

Partially joking, of course. Who knows. I could be right. :lol:

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty soon, Dean will pull a Euronymous and start selling genuine™ Dime skull fragments and other bits that Rita and Vinnie have dug up to young metal-heads to prove that they're trve.

With they way that they're pandering that poor dead guy to anybody with a buck, they should just rename him "Metal Jesus" and start setting Dime crucifixes and Dime indulgences to get through purgatory faster.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blame Dime's family. He's just a cash cow to Dean. Though, he was somebodies' family. Somebody who I'm sure has to approve much of what comes out with Dime's name on it, if not everything.

Though, lets let this 5 month old thread die.

RG7620BK

Banned
Reaction score
$19.99 for a fucking trucker hat? $59.99 for a fucking cardboard cut out of Dimebag? What a fucking rip off.

Also, when did Dean every stop whoring out Dimes name?

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I have a Washburn Dime sig and it rips, but I also have a Dean 7 string Vendetta which ALSO rips... but I have to say what Dean are doing IMO Washburn would never have done...

Concr3t3

Under The Stone
Reaction score
If I owned a guitar company and one of my signed artist died, I would make 1 last tribute model, run a limited number (probably the year of their birth, like 1973 or sometime), and then stop production on everything related to that fallen artist. You just have to be respectful to the deceased and it would be a healthy move for everyone because even though it's 100% unfortunate to loose someone but you just have to move on and cherish the memories. The idea is to celebrate that person's life and accomplishments; not burn it to the ground for the sake of making money. There are a godzillion bad ass artists, who deserve recognition and their time in the spot light, that you can make a fortune on.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Imo, if you want a tribute to Dimebag, get a Washburn, not a Dean ffs. That being said, I do look the look of those Razor's.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Personally, I think BC Rich handled the Chuck tribute thing beautifully. Just laying that out there.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I think Washburn are the only company to have shown restraint in the wake of Dime's death as they have several Dime models that Dean probably don't have the rights to make such as the Culprit and the Stealth but they haven't rushed them out to make a quick buck.

Hollowman

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Dean 'Dimebag Darrel' wig and 'glue-on' goatee Halloween costume.

Please, don't give them any Ideas..

I think Washburn are the only company to have shown restraint in the wake of Dime's death as they have several Dime models that Dean probably don't have the rights to make such as the Culprit and the Stealth but they haven't rushed them out to make a quick buck.

Remember, Dean did push out a Stealth and they didn't have the rights. but, might pay fees to Washburn to make them and call them that.

Personally, I think BC Rich handled the Chuck tribute thing beautifully. Just laying that out there.

Yes it shows how a "Classy" company would pay tribute to one of their endorsee's. even though it took them long enough.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Remember, Dean did push out a Stealth and they didn't have the rights. but, might pay fees to Washburn to make them and call them that.

Yeah they do have some kind of cooperative deal going on cause when Dean went quiet in the 90's Washburn actually paid copyright to them to use the ML shape in all their Dime sigs.
I could be wrong but I think part of the reason the Culprit and Stealth sigs were originally created was so Washburn had their own shape and didn't have to pay Dean to use it, but either way I think it's cool Washburn haven't rushed out a new ltd edition ripoff of the Culprit despite it being the rarest of all the 90's Dime sigs.

bibz

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Dean 'Dimebag Darrel' wig and 'glue-on' goatee Halloween costume.

My sis made a set of these for my birthday a couple days after he was killed (knowing he was my idol and all). Still got em in my cupboard!

Yeah they do have some kind of cooperative deal going on cause when Dean went quiet in the 90's Washburn actually paid copyright to them to use the ML shape in all their Dime sigs.
I could be wrong but I think part of the reason the Culprit and Stealth sigs were originally created was so Washburn had their own shape and didn't have to pay Dean to use it, but either way I think it's cool Washburn haven't rushed out a new ltd edition ripoff of the Culprit despite it being the rarest of all the 90's Dime sigs.

It was also ugly and sold poorly. I also still want one in each colour :lol:

jaredowty

Reaction score
I honestly don't see why anyone cares. If you don't want shitty Dime products, then just stay away from Dean and respect his legacy in your own way. That's what I do, anyway.