Louisville's Ear X Tacy officially closes it's doors for good!

broj15

Reaction score
This pretty much says it all.

'A great ride' ends as ear X-tacy closes | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

For this of you who don't quite understand the significance of ear x tact it has been consistently voted in the top ten independent record stores year after on various lists. There are also pictures of it in the album art of some gin blossoms album. Also the former owner John timmons brother played guitar for the late 80's hair metal band Danger Danger.

My opinion? After John Timmons decided to do 2 publicity stunts begging for more business after having to move from its long time location to a much smaller location with noticeably cheaper rent and their blatant disregard of good customer service (i've been in twice and gave the employees ample opportunity to sell me something and i was completely ignored) all i can say is it seems kind of well deserved.
It is sad, in a way, as strip to ear x tact was one of those things that a trip to the highlands a trip to the highlands (along with thrift store shopping and a stop at the hookah bar.) In fact i remember the first time i ever went in there how impressed i was by their selection. That was probably the first time i saw a modest mouse cd in person lol. But when it come down to it i guess all i really have to say is thank god It's not me who lost my job.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
It really sucks, it was a landmark, but yeah service has been shitty for a couple years now. First Raymond of Avatar in Radcliff and now this, I don't know of any decent independent stores anymore.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i just read on the madhatter site that they are having "madhatter closing shows"?

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about that at school a few days ago. It's a major bummer. One of the truly great record stores around here.

broj15

Reaction score
yea it does suck. I also heard that electric lady land (record store) is closed as well.

Latest posts