Love Song (Semi-Acoustic)

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
I have been hesitant to post this because of the feelings associated with the song and whatever but ive decided that despite any hard feelings, this is a song i wrote and am proud of. So i am posting it here for opinions.

Take a listen to the song here:
Better Half by JStraitiff on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I recorded this once using a sound hole pickup and double tracking the acoustic guitars. Some parts were out of time and the transitions were abrupt. I ended up picking up condenser mics, an instrument mic and a vocal mic. I then decided to just start fresh on the entire thing.

This time i tracked the acoustic only once but in stereo with the sound hole pickup on one side and the microphone at the 12th fret on the other side. I found that the reason i was having difficulty staying in time was that i couldnt hear my click track. What i did was i dropped an apple sample of a simple 4/4 drum beat on and looped it in the sections i needed it. This time everything is in time and pretty clean.

Let me know what you think. Especially mix-wise but also the song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
It has no djent, I'm disappointed :squint:.

:lol: Seriously it's cool to hear something different. Your song reminds me very hard of another song but I can't remember which. Your singing is a bit weird to me, it sounds like you're trying to speak and not sing.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
^ is it some song by the expendables? Someone pointed that out after i finished lol

As for the singing i wont pretend im much of a singer and this was outside my range :)

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
I remember now :

Mainly because of the notes of your singing.

And yes I like their nightmare album :fawk:

MartinMTL

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed that. The vocals did seem to drown out the guitar in certain sections, but other than that the mix was alright (at least to me. I don't know that much about production).

The only thing that i can say is that the lyrics seemed a bit cheesy, though i do understand you were writing about what was on your mind.

In general, well done!

Latest posts