Low profile strap locks?

• Thread starter works0fheart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Anyone have any good recommendations for these? Just threw on some dunlop strap locks on one of my guitars and they just stick out so damned far off of the guitar the my hand bumps them a bit when playing the upper frets. Obviously this is less than ideal so trying to see if anyone has used anything better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metropolis

Reaction score

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's a guitar you feel like you're going to keep, throw on some Dunlop flush mounts. They're pretty easy to install, and cheap if you have someone else do it usually.

cip 123

Reaction score
Schaller are smaller than regular strap buttons, and the actual "lock" is on your strap after you install them, never had a problem with them

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
Regular strap buttons with a rubber lock washer is cheap and just as low profile as the original buttons.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score

SJShinn

Reaction score
I vote Dunlop. I put Dunlop strap locks on everything I own. The Dunlop flush mount ones are great, but require drilling a larger hole than just the screw hole, but they are truly flush to the guitar when installed. The ones on my LTD DV8 are awesome. Not my guitar, but you can see one on the heel here.

Attachments

• zofwgloe25yc2sv8prfx.jpg
    zofwgloe25yc2sv8prfx.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 13

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
If you do get Schaller, make sure that you get the modern ones with the set screw or second locking washer (like the ESP strap locks). The old-school Schallers just had a nut on the clip that attached to the strap, which could come loose. The second retention screw or set screw is 100% necessary if you don't want your instrument to fall off the strap.