LTD H1007

• Thread starter JMad81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JMad81

Reaction score
Price: $799 w/o case.

Features: 4
One tone knob & one volume, plus the three way toggle. Very simple and just the way I like it. I'm giving 4 since some might desire more features.

Sound: 4.5
This guitar sounds pretty brutal. I am not used to playing 7 (I haven't played one in 3 years) so I can only imagine it will sound even better the more I get used to playing that low. It sounds amazing through my Powerball. I like the 81-7/707 set in this because it keeps the low end tight. I can't give it a 5 until I have a chance to play it in a band at full volume though.

Action, Fit and Finish: 4
This guitar is see-thru black with a flamed top. It's hard to see from the pic, but the flame is not very prominent. It actually looks like gloss black from certain angles. I like it this way, but the tops on my ESPs look much nicer. The best part is the pearl binding (so much better than the abalone!).

The action is low and the neck is pretty fast. It is not nearly as easy to solo on as my Horizon II though. Some of that could be quality difference, but one again, I'm sure it also has to due with the fact that I am still getting used to 7s again. The neck is also little thinner than my Horizon and Eclipse which takes some getting used to, but again this is personal preference.

I couldn't give it a 5 since the top isn't the best I've seen and because it seems a little harder for me to play (but that might be my issue), but all around the fit and finish is very good.

Reliability: 5
I am an ESP/LTD guy and I have never had problems with any of them. The 1000 series is still made in Korea so it should be of good quality and reliability.

Overall: 4.5
This is a great guitar and well worth the $800. The new headstock looks surprisingly good in real life and the guitar just looks and sounds brutal. 4.5 because I'm sure its not the best 7 out there, but for under $1000, I'm sure it is among the best.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
ESP/LTD Headstocks are the best all around IMO. They always look so highly sexual! I know this will sound weird seeming as most people buy 7strings for real heavy playing. How does it sound clean?

MetalReef

Reaction score
thanks this helped alot.... i need to get this.... it looks like such a cool guitar..... as it has EMG's it must be epic with heavy stuff....... i also love playing dream theater style stuff so do you know how good the clean is

Latest posts