Lundgren Black Heaven experiences

• Thread starter tom schelfaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tom schelfaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone have these? There's so little info/threads about these... I'd really like to try them bit I can't decide between the Alnico or ceramic version..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I have a ceramic in my RG7620, I like it. It’s aggressive in a great way, excellent attack and not honky. Makes me want to try an M series.

tom schelfaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a ceramic in my RG7620, I like it. It’s aggressive in a great way, excellent attack and not honky. Makes me want to try an M series.
Well I actually had an m6 in a guitar, really liked it but it was a bit too 'surgical' if that's a way of putting it :) a bit anorganic

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
Well I actually had an m6 in a guitar, really liked it but it was a bit too 'surgical' if that's a way of putting it :) a bit anorganic
I have the ceramic BH6 in a heavily modified Ibanez RG420. It's very cutting, precise attack, all that. It can be a little thin sounding if you aren't careful. Very different to other pickups I have in terms of trying to pre-tighten the tones with the usual methods (OD, cutting bass, mid spike etc), you don't have to as much at all. Excellent for metal and any techy type stuff. Probably quite similar to the M6 only a bit less of that surgical inorganic-ness. I guess go Alnico if you want something more organic.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I have the ceramic 6 string version in a Caparison Horus (bolt on neck, 24.75 scale length). Tuned to B standard.

In this guitar it is meaty with substantial low end, but still tight. Percussive like the M6, but way less "clank" in the upper mids and highs. The high end is quite bright, but it's not thin. Good mid clarity but definitely does NOT have any of the honk/quack or wah type sounds that a lot of modern pickups have.

Overall I think it's really well balanced. It's not too extreme in any aspect. That makes it one of my favourite pickups.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I have the ceramic 6 string version in a Caparison Horus (bolt on neck, 24.75 scale length). Tuned to B standard.

In this guitar it is meaty with substantial low end, but still tight. Percussive like the M6, but way less "clank" in the upper mids and highs. The high end is quite bright, but it's not thin. Good mid clarity but definitely does NOT have any of the honk/quack or wah type sounds that a lot of modern pickups have.

Overall I think it's really well balanced. It's not too extreme in any aspect. That makes it one of my favourite pickups.
This is a pretty accurate description.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I have the ceramic BH6 in a heavily modified Ibanez RG420. It's very cutting, precise attack, all that. It can be a little thin sounding if you aren't careful. Very different to other pickups I have in terms of trying to pre-tighten the tones with the usual methods (OD, cutting bass, mid spike etc), you don't have to as much at all. Excellent for metal and any techy type stuff. Probably quite similar to the M6 only a bit less of that surgical inorganic-ness. I guess go Alnico if you want something more organic.

This is pretty much my experience. I have them in my KXK 7DC (all mahogany, neck through, 25.5" scale). All the patches I made for my Strandberg with Fishman Moderns sounded very thin and had an almost "cocked wah" sound. Now that I've learned how to dial them in a bit better they are overall quite nice. Maybe a bit too modern for my taste (more "traditional" death metal). I don't plan to change them though.

MSS

Reaction score
I have them in a Mayones Duvell 6. I think they sound great with the 5150 and with hot rodded Marshall type amps. Plenty of bite and not flubby in the low mids. I actually prefer the M6 over them though with the Rectifier. I am referencing Axe 3 modeled amps.

My personal opinion is that they are a great hard rock/progressive metal pup excelling where you are looking for a concise razor style of sound/attack. Just my .02.