Lundgren Pickups Now Available @ The Axe Palace

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick, you said the One can be somewhat compared to the ceramic Warpig. Which of those two has more cut in the highs in your oppinion?

Is the One available as F-spaced 6 string version?

1. I would say The One and the C-Pig have similar cut in the high end. The main difference is in their midrange voicing.

2. Yes we have f-spaced versions of all their models, with the exception of the Heaven 57.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So how would you describe their difference in the midrange voicing?

Its hard to describe. They both have a mean growl to it but it just sounds like its accentuating different frequencies. Its one of those things you'd just have to try and see. Sound clips and descriptions couldn't completely encaptulate how it will sound through your rig. The cool thing is we do have a 30 day trial with our pickups, wherein if you aren't satisfied we can exchange it for another model.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I finally got "The One" set installed into my Schecter Masterworks 7. I've only tried it through my Roland Cube with an OD808 in front. So far it sounds really good, tight lows and smooth highs just like the description says. The guitar has a massive low end and a lot of highs so I will need to give it the set a long test with my Axe-FX II to get to know them.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Can we hope for a short clip? :)

Yep I'm working on clips for all their models as we speak. Should have something uploaded next week. Its just tough because that stuff is so subjective and I never know what to play to best show it off.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
haha, that was actually adressed to Lorcan, but i am looking fordward to your clips as well. it all helps to get some impressions.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
ah well in my opinion it always helps to hear some faster palm muted stuff to see how clear they remain, some chords for the character of the PU ( to growl or not to growl) and some lead stuff.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
haha, that was actually adressed to Lorcan, but i am looking fordward to your clips as well. it all helps to get some impressions.

Well no offense but you want to hear clips thru a Roland MicroCube? Its a nice little amp but not something that I think would be an ideal show-off for Lundgrens :p

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Well no offense but you want to hear clips thru a Roland MicroCube? Its a nice little amp but not something that I think would be an ideal show-off for Lundgrens :p

Correction, a broken MicroCube:lol:

I tried the set through my Axe-Fx II today and they sound great. I like them a lot more than the Holy Diver/Emerald set they replaced. Its always hard to describe a pickup but the description on the site is very accurate. They are very modern sounding(hot and saturated) and the palm mutes have a thick low-mid chunk. When playing chords you can hear a clear separation in the notes. The low B is very clear and when you dig in with your pick the notes really jump out.

I need to play around with them some more to get to know them but I will try and get some clips up soon as I can. Very busy with work.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Correction, a broken MicroCube:lol:

I tried the set through my Axe-Fx II today and they sound great. I like them a lot more than the Holy Diver/Emerald set they replaced. Its always hard to describe a pickup but the description on the site is very accurate. They are very modern sounding(hot and saturated) and the palm mutes have a thick low-mid chunk. When playing chords you can hear a clear separation in the notes. The low B is very clear and when you dig in with your pick the notes really jump out.

I need to play around with them some more to get to know them but I will try and get some clips up soon as I can. Very busy with work.

Nice glad to hear you're liking them so far :)

BrutalRob

Reaction score
hey nick, no intention to piss you off, but: any news on the clips? just really curious mate

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Man. I'm so happy I upgraded to the Lundgren M8. Thanks again Nick/ Victor it's given a whole new life to my 8 string. The low end is so defined and powerful now. Just what I was looking for. Worth every penny.

Also thanks for the awesome tour of the new shop, it was fun hanging out with you and testing out all the gear I can only dream of having (for now anyway haha). Hope to come back soon.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Man. I'm so happy I upgraded to the Lundgren M8. Thanks again Nick/ Victor it's given a whole new life to my 8 string. The low end is so defined and powerful now. Just what I was looking for. Worth every penny.

Also thanks for the awesome tour of the new shop, it was fun hanging out with you and testing out all the gear I can only dream of having (for now anyway haha). Hope to come back soon.

Thanks man, I'm glad you're happy with our service and the pickups. Good to have you hang out the other day :)

hey nick, no intention to piss you off, but: any news on the clips? just really curious mate

No worries. Yeah working on it, just been so busy lately.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Quick question for you...

Are M6 and the one pickups f-spaced?

When covered does it fit the same route as EMG?

And if The One is similar to a c-pig what would you compare the M6 to (in BKP)?

Just trying to become more familiar with Lundgren pickups... ;)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Quick question for you...

Are M6 and the one pickups f-spaced?

When covered does it fit the same route as EMG?

And if The One is similar to a c-pig what would you compare the M6 to (in BKP)?

Just trying to become more familiar with Lundgren pickups... ;)

Yes we have f-spaced Lundgrens available. Yes covered Lundgrens are EMG size. The closest BKP sounding to M6 would be the Miracle Man or Painkiller.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
Hey Nick,

how would you describe the difference between the M7 Neck and the One Neck?

Do you thing the One Bridge would work well together with the M7 Neck?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Nick,

how would you describe the difference between the M7 Neck and the One Neck?

Do you thing the One Bridge would work well together with the M7 Neck?

The One is a bit warmer. The One Bridge pairs well with the Heaven 57 neck as well.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
Hey Nick, any update on the Clips?

How would you compare an Ceramic nailbomb to an M6 and SuckerBucker?