MAB warrior 7 string guitar

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been looking into purchasing a 7 string guitar, now I had my heart set on the new JP13 7 string until I found out the asking price for it, which is 3,700USD. Now is way out of my price range so the new guitar I'm looking at is this MAB warrior 7 string which looks pretty nice.

Dean Michael Angelo Batio MAB 7 Warrior Armorflame 7 String Electric Guitar

This one is more affordable and realistic for me, 1,200.

Now my question here is, a. Can I have the dimarzio Liquifire and CrunchLab installed on that guitar and b. what do you guys reckon of this 7 string??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
just looking at the pickup routing, I doubt you can install a JP-fanboy pickup combo in there... the guitar is routed for soapbar pickups.

having played a few Deans in this price range, I guess it should be solid... prefer to try one before you buy it. Also, expect some Dean hate and "why not get this Ibanez" replies :lol:

that being said, for 1200 bucks there are many other 7-strings you could get that people on here own and know their quality ;).

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Did you consider a Sterling JP70 with a Pickup Swap, gonna cost far less than either guitar you listed. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Honestly, never played THAT Dean. But the ones I have played were all garbage. Most had less than stellar finishes, and some hardware issues. Give that one a play before you buy it though

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Wow Zach nice call, didn't even consider that.. Now I feel like an idiot. I'll research more on this JP70.

Easypoo

Reaction score
Having played a fair few Dean guitars I've always been less than impressed in general and especially with the quality of any graphics on the body. And I've loved and EBMM/Sterling guitars so I'd say go for the JP70.

haffner1

Reaction score
I played a 6 string MAB version in a shop a while back and the "finish" was plastic shrink wrap underneath gloss. I wouldn't have pissed on that guitar if it was on fire.

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
I'm getting the funds together and I don't get much cash, so I just wanna make sure I make a good decision.

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
I was always a fan of Mr.Ibanez, but then I saw the JPX guitars and instantly wanted to get one of those, Since they are so god damn expensive I tried looking for something that might be as good and I turned to that MAB guitar. I figured "hey, this guitar was crafted by a master musician, it's gotta be good right??" But according to everyone's opinion they're absolute shit.

That's fine now though, Zach provided me with another option which is the JP70 with a pickup switch, sounds pretty good to me! I'm just asking, since I get little funds, whether or not the JP70 with a pickup switch is a good plan indeed.

Thanks people.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well there's another MAB 7 string that's half the price and routed for passives, but I think the JP70 would be the better choice.

Also, note the the JP70 is based on the original EBMM JP design, not the JPX. It's gonna be more Strat-esque than RG-esque.

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Haha screw it, I'm just gonna wait it out, save up my cash and get this:

img-0828-13108.jpg

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
So beautiful... My life will be complete with this... and I need an amp, lol I use line in.. I'm a poor uni student:(

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been looking into purchasing a 7 string guitar, now I had my heart set on the new JP13 7 string until I found out the asking price for it, which is 3,700USD.

I'd recommend buying one directly from the US if possible. You'd probably find it's much cheaper, even with the cost of shipping. My understanding is that guitar prices in Oz are somewhat... bonkers. :nuts:

classicalmetal24

Reaction score

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe you could shoot the folks at Bass Central (http://www.basscentral.com) an email, they seem to be one of the bigger brick-and-mortar stores that sells a wide array of EBMM guitars, including plenty of JPs.

(Disclaimer: I have never bought anything from the, done business with them, or even talked to them, so take my advice there with a grain of salt. Free advice is worth what you pay, etcetera etcetera.)