Matrix out of business?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So I got curious and was going to browse Matrix stuff, but the site is deemed unsafe by Google Chrome due to the security certificate etc not being updated in 259 days. I checked the site and saw the company's been in "hibernation" since early 2023 due to supply restraints and the inability to redesign their equipment with different components.

Has there been any update regarding their status? The owner Andy is still offering to repair their stuff, but otherwise it seems like the actual production side of the company is done? Would be a shame to see them close shop in that regard. The GT power amps always seemed like killer pieces of gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard about it. Shame to see since they make such quality gear :( I briefly owned a GT1000FX that felt really robust and sounded killer

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I had the same question back when I was looking for a power amp for my Axe II. Kind of crazy considering how well received their products were/are.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the same question back when I was looking for a power amp for my Axe II. Kind of crazy considering how well received their products were/are.
The real question is always if anyone actually bought them?

I've seen one Matrix power amp in the wild.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I can’t remember what company but I seem to remember one of the bigger names in IR’s was using a Matrix power amp for making them a few years back. Seems like that avenue would’ve helped business as that specific part of the industry has only expanded.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember folks at the Fractal forum answering this / discussing this, but I forgot what the answer was. I did a quick search and couldn't tell. I think several people there know.