Marc Rizzo playing some flamenco at NAMM! \m/

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Skip through up to 1:08 as the "Bay Area Backstage" noobs put like 1:07 worth of garbage at the beginning of all their videos! :lol: :noway: I :wub: Marc Rizzo (talked to him at NAMM this year, nice guy! :D) and I :wub: flamenco so I thought this was pretty sweet:

For those not familiar with his music it's a song called "The Piñata Hits Back" and it is awesome like much of his other music. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Pinatas hit back RULE.
I got his First CD. the first thing that hits you is the stunning disbelief that this was the guy from Ill Nino.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Pinatas hit back RULE.
I got his First CD. the first thing that hits you is the stunning disbelief that this was the guy from Ill Nino.

:lol: Yeah I get the feeling his creativity was a bit stiffled in that band. That comes from someone who actually LIKES Ill Nino too! :rofl: I like his second album, but to me his first was the best so far. :wub: Better metal songs and the flamenco melodies on that disc were quite memorable. :hbang:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I prefer the first album too. His vocals on the second album are, to put it bluntly, shit. He's a serious player though, and deserves props for pulling Soulfly out of the gutter (although I think he has just a bit too much influence over the songwriting, but whatever). Respect:yesway:

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
I'm convinced beyond any and all doubt that 99.999% of the world's population doesn't have the slightest clue what flamenco really is (no insults intended at all, just sayin').

THIS is a prime example of flamenco, no picks required nor desired.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The vid of Rizzo playing isn't "true" flamenco but if you listen to some of Rizzo's other stuff it's DEFINITELY flamenco dude. :shrug: :lol: He studied flamenco so he definitely does the "real" stuff on his records. If you haven't checked it out, you should. It's good stuff. :)