Mark IV vs. Bogner XTC?

• Thread starter newfinator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

newfinator

The LORD OF BYRON
Reaction score
I was wondering how they compare to each other. While I suspect that they are sufficiently different to be incomparable but I thought I'd throw out the question anyway. Has anyone had extensive experience with both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
Mark IV is supposed to be a lot harder to dial in a good tone.. I've only messed with the Mark IV briefly and thought it was cool but didn't play with it long enough to figure out how to get a good tone...

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got more experience with a MkIV than I do with the XTC. That being said, I did play around with the XTC for about an hour one time while test driving amps before getting an H&K TriAmp for my lead guitarist.

I've always loved the MkIV tone, and it does have a lot of options to it. But if you're looking for flexibility, I'm guessing the XTC has a bit more of it. The MkIV isn't hard to get a good tone out of it, if you have experience with M/B Mark series amps. It really depends on what you're looking to accomplish with it? What kinda sound r u going for? Are you looking for just a great tone, or several great tones?