Master Effects EQ From Hell and others. Anyone have one?

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
As the title says, any of you folks have a Master Effects EQ From Hell, Pro or PQ4?

I've watched a ton of videos, but I fear that everyone is either paid to say it's good, or it's actually good.

Anyone have any downsides? anyone have one fail?

Just wanted to ask here before I shell out the dough.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
As the title says, any of you folks have a Master Effects EQ From Hell, Pro or PQ4?

I've watched a ton of videos, but I fear that everyone is either paid to say it's good, or it's actually good.

Anyone have any downsides? anyone have one fail?

Just wanted to ask here before I shell out the dough.

Thanks
I haven't paid anyone for any of the demos that are out there.

just sayin.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I've heard good things about them but when there's the Ibanez PTEQ on the lower price range and the Empress ParaEQ at $350, I'm not really sure what these give you that the competition can't for less money.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can’t offer info on the Master FX pedals beyond saying I was this close to buying one but went Ibanez PEQ because I had Sweetwater chuckycheese points to use… all the reviews I saw convinced me they offer quality pieces.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
That Aussie cat (Lambchopper-something-other) does some killer tones with it. Hang on... that's not super helpful. [Goes over to YouTube] Found him. Check these out:

NGL I am nerding out over that PMEQ. Did he say if that's in front or in the loop?

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
NGL I am nerding out over that PMEQ. Did he say if that's in front or in the loop?
Not sure where he is running it in that video, but he typically uses a simpler EQ in front of the preamp (MXR 6 Band, Gary Holt Mid Boost, etc) and puts the big shapers in the loop. My guess is that he is using the PMEQ in the loop. The only time he goes batshit with a parametric EQ in front of the amp is for those Dime-type tones.