McRocklin announces Fishman Fluence Signature PUps

• Thread starter juka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

juka

Reaction score
Who else saw McRocklin unveiling his upcoming Fluence Signature set on his live twitch while unboxing his latest Kiesel?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/841940478?t=00h45m49s

"Classic humbuckers with the most modern split sounds" that's how he described them.
Sounded very promising. Looking very much forward to more info being released.

The single coils (V3) sounded a lot brighter and chimier than everything I heard from him using the Abasis.
The PUPs will be based on the Open Core Classics for sure, but he didn't say for which humbucker voicing he went for V1 and V2. But so far his favorite humbucker voicings seem to have been V2 on Abasis and Classics each.

As I still didn't have a change to test the Abasis I don't know how much those two voicings differ from each other.

Although he seems to be a 6string guy only, I hope Fishman will offer them for 7string, too.

Interesting to see to see how Ken Susi avoided all questions about Fluence product news in his recent takeover, although it was pretty clear that these questions were triggered by McRocklin letting the cat out of the bag a few days before.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt08642

Reaction score
I mean this with all sincerity:

Who?

upload_2021-1-2_10-42-54.png

Zhysick

Reaction score
First time I have ever heard about him... I mean, I thought he was just a kid acting in that video and just that, not that he could actually play at least a chord.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
He’s mostly known on Instagram, Kiesel endorser, has some crazy good chops, really knows how to market himself, has a lesson website that is meant to be good, his synthwave project is pretty good which I’m pretty sure he tours.

I’m mostly amazed by how he didn’t get his IG account deleted with the amount of scripts and spambots he ran at the beginning.

akinari

Reaction score
Can't wait for a bunch of dorks on the internet to tell me how bad they sound!

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
He was also lead guitar for Bad 4 Good in the 90s. The singer from that group was the redhead kid in the arcade helping John Connor evade liqui-cop in Terminator 2.

He quit guitar for a while, from what I understand, and popped back up recently...I don't know any of the story why for either, though.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Wha? I thought he quit a long time ago. He also kicked ass when Faith No More let him up on stage to play some songs with them back in the early 90's. I rember this kid thinking how lucky and badass he was. He was Vai's little protege kid, then Bad4Good came out and I never heard anything again about him.
- I'm so jealous he has Vai's Passion and Warfare 7 string. Yeah, fuck him! jk. :lol:

Last edited:

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fishman will have a few sets coming out this year it seems. McRocklin will have his set. Matt heafy has a set coming out, though I've heard his are just moderns with a different aesthetic look. Ryan Fluff Bruce of Dragged Under/Riffs Beards and Gear just said on a live stream that he is releasing a bridge only pick up with fishman as well.

juka

Reaction score
All these sig sets and still no Richard Kruspe set smh
AFAIK the Kruspe set was just another Modern set with different aestethics, but maybe EMG had secured the rights on red plastic covers ;-)

All I wanted to do is let people know that Fishman actually seem to work on new (sounding) pups and not just repainting Moderns with gold or red or whatever and marketing them as new signature sets, but this thread turned out to be a very "interesting social experiment", it seems.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
AFAIK the Kruspe set was just another Modern set with different aestethics, but maybe EMG had secured the rights on red plastic covers ;-).

When I read interviews he made it sound like he did have his custom voiced.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He was also lead guitar for Bad 4 Good in the 90s. The singer from that group was the redhead kid in the arcade helping John Connor evade liqui-cop in Terminator 2.

He quit guitar for a while, from what I understand, and popped back up recently...I don't know any of the story why for either, though.

Didn't realize that was him, badass. I think he could do better than just playing instrumental synthwave though

juka

Reaction score
Didn't realize that was him, badass. I think he could do better than just playing instrumental synthwave though
He had several albums out recently, what you mentioned is under the label "McRocklin&Hutch". His "solo" album called "New Beginings" might be more to your likings then.