Mesa Dual Rectifier recording preamp.

• Thread starter Jamey36
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jamey36

Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with one of these?From the specs it sounds like it would be right up my alley.Stereo outs for live and recording,stereo returns for the fx loop,and rack mount.Any hands on observations would be greatly appreciated.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I’ve not played one, but the poweramp is a big part of the recto sound. Without the 2:100, you’re missing a lot. And with the 2:100 you’re still missing out on a lot of options the head has. 2 channel vs 3 channel, no tube rectifier, spongy power...

Shask

Reaction score
I’ve not played one, but the poweramp is a big part of the recto sound. Without the 2:100, you’re missing a lot. And with the 2:100 you’re still missing out on a lot of options the head has. 2 channel vs 3 channel, no tube rectifier, spongy power...
Yeah, I think this is why the Recto Recording Pre was never very popular. The Rectos get A LOT of their sound from the poweramp, and without it, they just kind of sound like a giant fuzzbox.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is why the Recto Recording Pre was never very popular. The Rectos get A LOT of their sound from the poweramp, and without it, they just kind of sound like a giant fuzzbox.

This sounds about right.

I remember checking out some videos of the Recto Recording... It didn't sound too hot. Even when running into the power amp of an old '90s Recto, it sounded like a scooped, fizzy mess.

Latest posts