Mesa recording preamp

• Thread starter Merrekof
  • Start date
  • Tags
    mesa
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Hi guys, I saw this Mesa Recording preamp for sale locally for 850€.
Now, I'm not planning a purchase, at least not at 850. But I have a weak spot for rack gear.
Any thoughts and comments about it? Haters, lovers..tell me why.

I'm not familiar with Mesa (pre)amps (I have 50/50 poweramp though). I played with a guy who owned 90's triple rec and was kinda in between about it. I don't know if these wild sound thesame.
Just want to know SSO opinions about it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I have liked the idea of a rack recto too and have thought about the preamp. A big part of the Rectifier sound is the power section (which is kind of thunderous and open on the low end). Once I owned the Colliseum power amp (mainly used it for bass) and it had standard mode and recto mode... recto mode was scooped and boomier.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Thanks for the reading material..
I searched for "mesa recording preamp" here but I got drowned in post with either of those words in it. I realized later the "search titles only" would've been way better. Either way, reading those threads made me realize it isn't good for me

Latest posts