Mesa roadster custom cable

• Thread starter Ostia Man
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can find the channels/ground layout on the mesa roadsters footswitch jack? I need to make a custom cable to control channels with a voodoo lab control switcher

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for... Can you rephrase?

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
I need to find out which pins of the 7pin midi jack on the roadster control each channel and the groun conection. In order to make a midi cable i can use to change channel with the control switcher
Example: pin1 ground. Pin2 channel 1. Etc...

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Plug the footswitch cable ino the amp with our the footswitch. Touch each pin of the cable with something metal, like a jeweler's screwdriver or the tip of a pen.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Oh gotcha.

I know CH3 is the default channel so there's no pin for that, channel 3 is essentially no pins, if you don't want to use the conductor method with the end of the cable, you can also look at the foot switch itself.

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
Ch1 is defaulf on my roadster. I conected a cable to the footswitch jack but i only found ch2 =\. I did all pocible combinations of two pins at a time. And nothing

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
When you touched the pins did you short them to ground?

Ground the screwdriver somehow and try that.

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Looks like you are going to have a 7 or 8 pin DIN connector that needs to come into 7 individual 1/4 inch audio connectors. I think pin 1 is the ground that mesa uses in all its amps, may be wrong, but it looks like they do.

It will be messy, but it will control your amp perfectly.

Good luck.

Latest posts