Meshuggah covers

MatReeves

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been told you guys on the forum would like a few of these covers ive done so i figured i would share! Ive been a member for awhile now but this is my first time posting anything so if this is in the wrong place please by all means point me in the right direction. Anyways let me know what you think hope you guys like them!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groove

Reaction score
I liked the pravus cover, love playing it myself, especially the part after 2 mins :D

Is that a C-8 I see before me? What you think of it? There seems to be a real stigma about schecter 8's around here =/ How are you finding your 7th and 8th strings? When i got mine i thought they were a bit floppy with the scale length being what it is. You can see them flopping about a bit there, i would up the gauge a wee bit, it makes it that bit more defined! What about the EMG's? The tone seems to change a lot as the battery goes down, you noticed this?

Anyway, i only watched the pravus one as it's late and i need sleep, but good playing keep it up :)

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I liked the pravus cover, love playing it myself, especially the part after 2 mins :D

Is that a C-8 I see before me? What you think of it? There seems to be a real stigma about schecter 8's around here =/ How are you finding your 7th and 8th strings? When i got mine i thought they were a bit floppy with the scale length being what it is. You can see them flopping about a bit there, i would up the gauge a wee bit, it makes it that bit more defined! What about the EMG's? The tone seems to change a lot as the battery goes down, you noticed this?

Anyway, i only watched the pravus one as it's late and i need sleep, but good playing keep it up :)

I have a C-8, he has a C-7 haha, I asked before.

I'd recommend not getting one. I've had it for a year and barely play it. The neck is like a baseball bat at the first fret, and the scale is only 26.5.

MatReeves

Reaction score
Alucard is right its a C-7 hes also right about the neck its fuckin huge. I got use to it so it really dosnt bug me but if i was back in the position where i had money and was looking to buy a 7 i would have made a different selection. Thats not to say its a bad guitar or anything i do recommend it you jsut need to work around the neck. The tone does change when the battery dies but the battery fuckin last forever. I plan on switching them out eventually though.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
Alucard is right its a C-7 hes also right about the neck its fuckin huge. I got use to it so it really dosnt bug me but if i was back in the position where i had money and was looking to buy a 7 i would have made a different selection. Thats not to say its a bad guitar or anything i do recommend it you jsut need to work around the neck. The tone does change when the battery dies but the battery fuckin last forever. I plan on switching them out eventually though.

I was talking about my C-8 =P haha

I like the only C-7, from 06 or 07, those things played and sounded great then they started increasing the size of the neck for some odd reason.

MatReeves

Reaction score
My bad haha but still even the C-7 is too wide i find. I believe mine is an 08 (which would explain it i guess) i didnt know the earlier models had a smaller neck

Groove

Reaction score
I already have a C-8 Alucard and i like it tbh. I have big hands so it isn't really that much of a problem for me. I've found with schecters though that the less strings the more of a bat the neck becomes, at least in my experience. I'm definitely going to swap the pups out though once i get the money, i don't like EMG's, i took a chance with them and i still don't really like them :lol: Going to go with extended lundgren M8's or if possible an extended BK coldsweat's!

Scale wise, it isn't THAT much smaller than the 2228 etc and all it requires is upping the string gauges on the bottom 2/3 strings a bit to get the needed tension. Also, i don't know what the difference is between the RGA8 and 2228 in terms of the neck but when i played the RGA8 a while back i don't remember it being that much thinner than the C-8, maybe it's different for the 2228 haha

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I dont hate the guitar, I just dont like how thick the neck is for how many strings it has and I can never write anything I like on it.

Latest posts