*Metal 8-string technical mix, feedback wanted!!!

• Thread starter rhmusic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rhmusic

Reaction score
Hello friends, here is a mix I've been working very hard on for my own Dallas, Tx band 'In Search of Sight'. This is a medley of pre-production clips from our upcoming album. If you have followed my other production posts on this forum, I'm using a mixture of SD2.0 and my own custom studio samples for drums, Axe-Fx Ultra direct for all guitar tones, and Reaper as my DAW. Unfortunately there is no bass guitar on the mix yet but there will be soon, so guitars are full-range and have no post-processing, filtering or EQ. Oh, and I tracked guitars on my Agile 8-string. What you hear is what I got direct from the Axe Ultra patch. Please let me know your thoughts on my drum tones, guitar tones, vocals, mix and master. Thanks, and have a great day!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98704300/ISOS - Pre-Pro Medley (UNRELEASED).mp3

www.facebook.com/insearchofsight
insearchofsight - YouTube

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Sounds great. The guitars are a little bit boxy for my taste; I would cut a small amount at 600-800ish, raise the LPF, or crank some highs in around the 1500 hz mark. But once you mix the bass in, that might change since it will have some high end clank as well. Have you used any saturation on the channels or the master bus? It's very tight and well-produced, but it could use a touch of analog warmness to tie everything together.

rhmusic

Reaction score
Cool. But as I mentioned above there is no bass guitar, so I suppose the guitars are very boxy and mid heavy alone.

rhmusic

Reaction score
Oh and yes, I have some Slate VCC on my master buss to add a touch of analog, but not much.