Metal Bands per 100'000 people Diagram

• Thread starter Trespass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
enhanced-buzz-wide-11819-1333142825-3.jpg

Distribution Of Heavy Metal Bands Around The World

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Is that Bhutan over there rocking some metal?

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
Its like the closer you get to the equator the less metal. Wait a minute... hotter=no metal? That means they must play hip hop in hell... it all makes sense now...

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
Would I be more metal by moving to North Europe, or just colder and still the same level of metal?

sear

Reaction score
Well at least that's another thing I can brag to Americans about.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
The fact that there are metal bands on just about every random island on this map is pretty awesome. xD

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
That's interesting to see as an american. I would be curious to see a more detailed breakdown of this that went into states/territories also. I feel like there are probably some places that are bringing down the US's average and probably the same with Canada.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Finland #1

They call Helsinki the metal capital of the world for a reason. :hbang:

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Finland #1

They call Helsinki the metal capital of the world for a reason. :hbang:

a friend who moved there said he's utterly dissapointed at the massivines of electro and House music and how no one of his age pays attention to Metal :rolleyes:

ohh, and Mexico so low? well, if we considerate the Metallica tribute bands they probably would be in Red too :lol:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
a friend who moved there said he's utterly dissapointed at the massivines of electro and House music and how no one of his age pays attention to Metal :rolleyes:

ohh, and Mexico so low? well, if we considerate the Metallica tribute bands they probably would be in Red too :lol:

True. Should have tried Oulu. Way smaller city and I heard that it has actually pretty decent metal scene.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
The fact that there are metal bands on just about every random island on this map is pretty awesome. xD
Iceland is pretty dark reddish. Me and my friend were counting Icelandic metal albums released in 2012 and we could count at least 14 or 15. That's a lot considering we're a nation of 300.000.

skarz

Reaction score
poor Africa :(

The metal scene is growing slowly. There's a small metalfest in Namibia and the Kenyan and Botswana scene are pretty solid now:shred:.
Metal is still relatively new in this part of the world though (except South Africa)

Absence of light from Kenya:

Trailer for a doc about Angolan death metal:

Wrust from Botswana:

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Might be impossible, but it would be kool to see how many metal fans are out there in which country..