Metal V guitars with floyds

• Thread starter Fryderyczek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was busy but now I'm back.

Long post(kinda)
SO,I was gonna buy a Dean ML79 FR. But I got kinda bored of it.
So I started searching used and new all around Poland and I found a Charvel, a skatecaster with an OFR. Some bastard stole it right from under me :scream:

I looked again andd found a higher end bc rich.
An NJ Warlock with a Floyd Rose 1000, ebony fretboard and upgraded EMG's(before that they had Duncan designed).

We called the guy and asked him to bump the price, because it was slightly above mine and dad's budget.

He said he's interested and bumped down to 2400(our budget is 2200zł).
He said he can't bump the price down anymore so we're at the point of entry.
That brings us here.[/Spoiler]

Now I got very fond of V's recently. Before it was MLs, before that LP's etc etc.

I found this:
ESP LTD V250 + case (5765732346) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Sweet.
Nice price as well. But the EMG HZ's kinda worry me. And the licensed Floyd.

I have a budget of about 550 Euro for the guitar. If it's used I can go lower if we can talk the seller down.

I'm in Poland

Gear:
Randall RG1503H and a Laney IRT 2x12(gonna get a noise gate, flanger, wah and maybe a whammy in the future)

What do you think I should get? (OH, and 24 frets if possible)
I don't really have any preferences as to neck type etc because I haven't played many guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
If you aren't looking at Jackson's then you really ought to start.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
The Jackson KVXMG is currently 665 Euros on Thomann, may be worth saving up a little longer or else trying to hunt one down used.

7816628_800.jpg

I think for the price, that's your best bet. EMGs, should be a decent trem, it's a Jackson so it's guaranteed to have a great neck...

I wonder if you could get one of the old Japanese single-pickup RR24s for that price... if so, that'd be even better.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
The Jackson KVXMG is currently 665 Euros on Thomann, may be worth saving up a little longer or else trying to hunt one down used.

I think for the price, that's your best bet. EMGs, should be a decent trem, it's a Jackson so it's guaranteed to have a great neck...

I wonder if you could get one of the old Japanese single-pickup RR24s for that price... if so, that'd be even better.
Don't have to be EMG's mate.
And I don't really want basswood TBH.
I can't really save up anymore, don't have any way to do so(I'm 16, my dad is paying around half and so am i)

feraledge

Reaction score
Look for a KV Pro.
Despite the name, the King V body isn't as comically large as the ESP V.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Look for a KV Pro.
Despite the name, the King V body isn't as comically large as the ESP V.

Kek I went to my dad asking if he can get me the jackson(there's a huge price drop in this shop here) you mentioned he said jacksons are low quality and that gibsons are better :lol::lol:

feraledge

Reaction score
^ Your dad clearly doesn't read the learned and scholarly works of SSO. As such, his foolish words shall not be recognized.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
^ Your dad clearly doesn't read the learned and scholarly works of SSO. As such, his foolish words shall not be recognized.

Kinda have to agree here. Your father seems a little misinformed here. Jackson guitars are not low quality. Jackson is really the best bang for your buck when it comes to this, and would without hesitation, be the absolute first brand I'd look at.

soylentgreene

Reaction score
Jacksons have never been low quality in my experience and Ive owned quite a few. Maybe dad just had a bad experience?

Bjorn218

Reaction score
You are in Poland and have not checked into Ran Guitars? The Ran Invader is pretty much what you are asking for. It would probably be less expensive than upper end imports of the larger known brands such as Jackson.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Jackson at all, but if you're looking for a tremolo equipped V you should at least check them out. Nothing wrong with the quality I just don't like the specs.

Jujex

Reaction score
Kek I went to my dad asking if he can get me the jackson(there's a huge price drop in this shop here) you mentioned he said jacksons are low quality and that gibsons are better :lol::lol:

I have two Jacksons myself and I highly recommend the KVMG Pro series, It is slightly more expensive than you're budget but absolutely worth saving for.t's not like you're going for a USA KV2 right!?

I was a bit skeptical about the Pro series after they shut down the factory in Japan but my drummer works at a local guitar store and I went to see him and they had a Used KVMG Pro in White with EMGs and let me tell you it was exquisite. I went in to rent an LP Custom for the weekend but ended up renting that instead.

Hell I could ask him the shipping cost if you want :lol:

BTW Tell your dad that I sold my Gibson as soon as I got my first Jackson even though it was a good guitar but it wasn't a Jackson. :hbang::hbang:

Jujex

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Jackson at all, but if you're looking for a tremolo equipped V you should at least check them out. Nothing wrong with the quality I just don't like the specs.

I can see why, You're an Ibanez guy. I knew a few Ibanez players who could'nt get comfortable with Jacksons because they got used to the thin wizard necks.

Although I gotta say KVs and RRs have the thinnest necks in the Jackson lineup. My Kelly I think has the thickest and widest neck.

cpfc_fan

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting a high end V shaped guitar. Already have an RR1 but want the standard V shape. I think my choices are wait and see if ESP do release a V for their 2016 range or just go ahead and get a Jackson KV2. No harm in waiting till 2016 to see IF ESP make one I suppose.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting a high end V shaped guitar. Already have an RR1 but want the standard V shape. I think my choices are wait and see if ESP do release a V for their 2016 range or just go ahead and get a Jackson KV2. No harm in waiting till 2016 to see IF ESP make one I suppose.

I found an Edwards penicillin V. Almost exactly what I'm looking for except an HSH setup. In a good price range as well, 450USD :agreed: OFR and a original ESP pickups.

Gotta agree, the new ESPs are badass.

Yeah. He listens to blues, doesn't play guitar and doesn't read any types of these forums.

Kinda have to agree here. Your father seems a little misinformed here. Jackson guitars are not low quality. Jackson is really the best bang for your buck when it comes to this, and would without hesitation, be the absolute first brand I'd look at.
Yeah. I agree. I haven't played any Jacksons but I heard really good things.

Also, is it normal I don't like bolt on guitars?

Jacksons have never been low quality in my experience and Ive owned quite a few. Maybe dad just had a bad experience?

He hasn't even seen a Jackson in his life, let alone play one. Oh, and he doesn't play guitar at all.

You are in Poland and have not checked into Ran Guitars? The Ran Invader is pretty much what you are asking for. It would probably be less expensive than upper end imports of the larger known brands such as Jackson.
I also checked out Ran, kinda out of my price range.
The only one I found is 1000 Euro used.

I have two Jacksons myself and I highly recommend the KVMG Pro series, It is slightly more expensive than you're budget but absolutely worth saving for.t's not like you're going for a USA KV2 right!?

I was a bit skeptical about the Pro series after they shut down the factory in Japan but my drummer works at a local guitar store and I went to see him and they had a Used KVMG Pro in White with EMGs and let me tell you it was exquisite. I went in to rent an LP Custom for the weekend but ended up renting that instead.

Hell I could ask him the shipping cost if you want :lol:

BTW Tell your dad that I sold my Gibson as soon as I got my first Jackson even though it was a good guitar but it wasn't a Jackson. :hbang::hbang:

I showed him these replies about 10 minutes ago.
Might have given him something to think about.

His biggest problem is the shape tbh. He says nobody will buy it in the future and that a V guitar is a bad investement(when will he understand I'll play it, not him).

EDWARDS ESP PENICYLIN FLYING V IDEA

That Edwards I found. Thoughts? The only thing is the Pickup setup and the 22 frets.

Schecter C-1 FR Diamond Series, Aktywne Seymoury + Gratis Zamo

Another guitar. Schecter. The only thing is the shape, I don't really like these types.

ESP LTD V250 + case (5765732346) - Allegro.pl - Wi
And that ltd v.
Anybody have any experience with these? The thing that worries me is the EMG hzs and the LFR.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
His biggest problem is the shape tbh. He says nobody will buy it in the future and that a V guitar is a bad investement(when will he understand I'll play it, not him).

Nah, there's plenty of interest in them out there. I doubt you'd have much of a problem moving it on.

That Edwards looks great - didn't realise you could get them that cheap. I'd jump on that personally!

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Nah, there's plenty of interest in them out there. I doubt you'd have much of a problem moving it on.

That Edwards looks great - didn't realise you could get them that cheap. I'd jump on that personally!

Yeah. I agree, but it's the HSH setup that's kinda worrying me.

What do you guys think of LFRs? I found lots of great guitars that I'm sceptic to buy because of the LFR.

EDIT:I just watched the Pantera Home Video nr1 and I feel like I want to buy that again :(

I'm lost.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Dude, the Schecter Loomis V will f*ck your world up! You look hard enough and you'll find one within your price point. You could even go straight to 7 string that way, if you're so inclined. And this is a bolt-on you ain't gotta worry about.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
Dude, the Schecter Loomis V will f*ck your world up! You look hard enough and you'll find one within your price point. You could even go straight to 7 string that way, if you're so inclined. And this is a bolt-on you ain't gotta worry about.

Looks nice but I can't find one. Hell, in half a year I haven't found one here.

EDIT: no point in this question anymore . KEK my parents said I didn't learn in the previous year and I don't deserve a new guitar. The awkward moment when I did.

Latest posts