Michael Angelo Batio's New Quad Guitar

• Thread starter Xiphos68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i really like shredding but batio is annoying...these guitars are senseless and dumb. every riff i've ever heard from him just sounds like something generic to solo over. jeff loomis said it best when he said that practicing technique can only do so much...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ra1der2

Reaction score
I can't say that I'm a fan, but he is clearly a guitar virtuoso in every aspect and I respect him for that.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
haha that is just terrible... i will again refer to my "blind man" analogy.

if you were a blind person ---listening--- to MAB, would you give a fuck that he's using 4 different necks? if you weren't seeing it happen, it wouldn't matter. the same can be said of any other needlessly technical music (i.e. people playing with their non-dominant hand, people playing over the fretboard ala Dragonfarce {sic}, or even worse MAB using that ridiculous "over and under" the board bullshit). if it doesn't sound better or make the song more interesting IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
i hated it when i first looked... now i kinda get it. you can pack it up in a couple cases and the shape can be an "X" or a double "V"

pretty cool. so now he can do the two-guitar config or the 4-x or the 4-double v all from the same four guitars.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
This guitar is a tribute to all things ugly. We all should save a pic of it for those days in which we think one of our own guitars is ugly - we'll stand corrected in a matter of seconds. :D

walleye

Reaction score
Batio is just fail all round. I have no idea why he still continues to make music, perhaps mislead to believe that someone actually wants to listen to it.

yeah
i think being ambidextrous is the most useless talent in the world in the music business, it doesnt make him able to play better music. if he spent less time shredding on his left hand he could have learnt jazz or flamenco, and he'd actually be amazing, instead of "a bit of a chuckle", which is all he is really, to me.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Actually, MAB can play a huge variety of styles with great authority. That is one of the reasons I still don't get why he not only limits his solo work to the vastly over-explored "the song is but a backing track for my awsome solo licks" concept, but also chooses to actively promote the songs with the most gimmicky lead tricks crammed into them.

A shame, given the obvious talent and skill this man possesses.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Why hasn't someone started selling these? Seems like an untapped market to me.:idea:

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the old quad had two sevenstrings on top. This one seems to be 4 6-strings.