This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I haven't played Minecraft in so long.

I have the money for another computer, but it would bleed me dry of funds in my checking account. Especially since I resigned from my job, last week.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Are we going to update the server to 1.1? I know terrain generation changed a bit (beaches now spawn much larger) and some other shit. :scratch:

Bigsby

Nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I Haven't posted in this thread in a long time but i don't know if you guys have seen or heard of this mod its called the smart moving mod and its awesome

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
We need to start this bitch up again!

Shall we just do a pure survival town and not cheat?

Also, I'm off for a shower then I'm gonna play this bitch!

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I Haven't posted in this thread in a long time but i don't know if you guys have seen or heard of this mod its called the smart moving mod and its awesome

That is fucking brilliant.

I downloaded it and installed it on my mom's laptop. It is fucking brilliant and I wish that Mojang would put it into the game, like they did with pistons.

I miss you guys.

I miss all of y'all, too. I just started playing again the other day.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Last I checked our SMP server was still 1.0.0, and I've been in 1.1 since it came out. So naturally Mumm_Ra and I haven't been playing SSOMP at all. But I have some important questions:

A) Has the server been updated to 1.1? I'm assuming not, because I can't reach it. They did change terrain generation between 1.0 and 1.1, but the only added change is that fugly-looking beaches now spawn near most bodies of water. It does, however, have an effect on stronghold generation. As it turns out, Eyes of Ender don't work properly for finding strongholds generated in 1.0 once the game updates to 1.1 (see the top comment in this video). This is because the Endereyes direct the player to the spot where the stronghold is supposed to generate in the current version only. This might or might not be an issue depending on how far you guys have ventured out from spawn.

B) When 1.2 comes out, will we start a new world? I ask because while old worlds will work in 1.2, they won't be able to spawn any jungle terrain or any of its associated new swag. Which is absolutely fine by me (I'll have single player to fuck around with jungles anyway). We'll still get the new mob AI, 1.0.0 ladders, and climbable vines with no collision boxes (as per 1.1 ladders). Then again, if no one's been building in the past month then we really wouldn't have anything to lose from starting over. Again, I really don't care either way as we'll still have the best parts of the new update no matter what.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
If/When Ant renews the server, I can see about setting up a Mumble server so we can has voice.