Mix test, may 09 (podxt, c-8, coffee)

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Hey

So I finally had the chance to sit down and try out my newest addition to the arsenal, the Schecter C-8 which I got a few weeks ago. I haven't had much time to play around since it's prime time for exams this time of the year.
Here's a short mix test I did yesterday using my latest patch. Not much of a showcase of the tonal attribute, but in a practical manner I thought it was best using a part of a song I've yet to finish ("Hello", draft on myspace btw haha).
I haven't adjusted the drums though, and the kick is probably weak for many of you sorry about that. Neither added bass yet..

PS: also stupid me didn't tune the guitar perfectly (not touched in weeks) so the notes on the end are yucky

SoundClick artist: Iceythe - Hi, pleased to meet you! Caffeinated rock-metal-heavy something of distorted string-plucking... comi

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
Hallais ;)

I think it sounds good man! Guitars sounds pretty mean!
About the kick..as you say..for some it might isnt up front enough....BUT..if it works for you and your song..keep it that way! For me personally i love hearing the kick well, but that doesnt matter as long as you like it yourself :)

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Thanks for comment dude. Yeah it's hard to make decision on this, because I tend to sway to and from different styles of playing, and I can't accomodate both types as far as the kick goes.

I guess that's why people use different drum setups for each song, huh..

I'll let this setup run for a while and see how it turns out.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
it sounds excellent so far. i want to hear where it goes! hurry up and write more parts! :lol:

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Aw thanks guys haha. That particular song is on a little hold, but it'll be done as soon as I get some inspiration going. Hopefully I'll whip up something this weekend.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
a part of me really wants one of these guitars, but tuned to drop Ab with an extra high string... mmm!

for looow stuff i prefer longer scales, even though i know this thing can actually intonate :)

sounds good, btw ;)

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Wow dude that sounds really good, great guitar tone, and some awesome riffage!

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys, kind words! The tone is still being shaped, it's less trebly than before, but I feel there's still a bit of the lower end missing. Or it could be that I need a different tone for leads..

a part of me really wants one of these guitars, but tuned to drop Ab with an extra high string... mmm!

for looow stuff i prefer longer scales, even though i know this thing can actually intonate :)

sounds good, btw ;)
I know what you mean. I'm looking to get a new set of thicker strings, just for the sake of the tension. Right now it's at standard tuning with the 8th string dropped. Seriously, the RG's 7th string goes way lower and without buzzing. No idea what's on the C-8 right now, but I reckon something around .70 should do for a string ;)

Thanks for listening and giving your thoughts guys!