Modded Peavey Windsor

• Thread starter Mr12ax7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr12ax7

Reaction score
My guitarist (Jd) is buying my other guitarist Peavey windsor off him for 200$ i told Jd it get the metal mod for it along with the 6550 tubes. and i just wanted to know does anyone own one? and how much does the mod cost? oh BTW hes going to be running the Windsor into a Mesa 4x12 recto cab.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
PM: BryanFTWL

This was in the "Random Pics of your Rig" thread.

33a5g6e.jpg

BryanFTWL

#winlosing
Reaction score
Hey man!
If he can get the mods done then he should definitely do it!
These amps turn into an entirely different beast when they're modded.
They're also loud as fuck and don't open up until around 4 on the MV pot, which is almost too loud for gigging. Last show the soundguy wouldn't let me get above 3.
But the amp has a ton of mids! I usually run my mids at around 11:00 o'clock if I want a more balanced tone that sits well in the mix without overpowering. This could also do to the v30s though.
You can EQ them to be extremely dry or extremely wet depending on where you set your pre. If I want a drier tone I set it around 10:00 o'clock, but anything above noon is really just too much in my opinion (but people like to point out that I don't use much gain).

LacesOutTyler and I ran both our heads (He has a 3ch Dual Rectifier) in my cab, and discovered that channel 2 on his Recto in vintage mode with a boost sounded pretty identical to my Windsor.

Here's a short clip of mine that I used a really shitty Rock Band USB mic direct into Garage Band for, so as you can imagine the quality isn't the best and some of the frequencies don't shine through.

Overall this amp is really fucking tight and just a joy to play. I don't see myself getting rid of it, but I would like to have a Trem-O-Verb or 5150 to run in stereo with it.

As far as the prices go, I can't comment because I picked it up secondhand with the mods.
All the mods it had put in were:
Metal Mod
6550 Tubes
Custom Output Tranny
Custom Choke
Mid Sweep Knob (A really neat feature that I like a lot.)
Custom Headshell

Hope this helps! :)

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
My guitarist (Jd) is buying my other guitarist Peavey windsor off him for 200$ i told Jd it get the metal mod for it along with the 6550 tubes. and i just wanted to know does anyone own one? and how much does the mod cost? oh BTW hes going to be running the Windsor into a Mesa 4x12 recto cab.

tell him to contact Jerry at FJA mods, he does all the mods that u are inquiring about. however, im pretty sure it wont be cheap but from what ive heard of his modded amps its well worth it, esp the 6550 mod!!! and for only $200, id say it would be a worthy platform for the investment.

i will say that before he sends it off to be modded, have him try boosting it with an OD of some sort. using a Maxon OD808 in front with the amp gain and resonance dimed(slightly overkill, i know, was just testing its capabilities) i was able to get some badass very thick and ballsy metal tones out of a Windsor.