Modded Squier Stagemaster 7

• Thread starter Hallski
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hallski

Reaction score
A few months ago I bought a used Stagemaster 7, with the plans of modding it a bit. Finally got it finished and I've gotta say, this thing is a beast!

All the electronics were redone, and it now has Fastback Custom Beard Comber 7 pickups. 3 way switch with push-push pots on both the volume and tone. Tone splits the bridge, and the volume splits the neck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rtf417

Reaction score
Awesome man. My local GC had a used blue one for sale. Not a bad playing guitar. I bet yours sounds and plays a lot better now than it did stock.

Hallski

Reaction score
Awesome man. My local GC had a used blue one for sale. Not a bad playing guitar. I bet yours sounds and plays a lot better now than it did stock.

For sure. For the cost, it's a great playing guitar and definitely nicer upgraded.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
My very first 7-string was this model, and I still use it to this day! Definitely an excellent guitar, in my opinion. Happy NGD!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Me too, it would be cool if they tried to get back into the market, they'd be successful I'd say.

If they just brought out the standard american or mexican strats that are exactly the same as they are today, only with seven strings, I think they would make a killing.

Relinquish69

Reaction score
I find reverse headstocks better for tuning (feels more natural).

The showmaster is definitely one of the better affordable 7 string guitars out there. If only Fender made a higher spec version. Now that would really grab our attention.