Modding a Jackson Kelly JS32-T.

• Thread starter Rastamoneq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rastamoneq

Reaction score
Hey guys, again! I've just realized that it would be a worthless move to me to buy a new guitar, as I already own two of them and I just thought of modifying my first one.

Well, it's gonna be the first guitar modification to me and I'd like to get some help from You.
So, here's the list of my changes:
-Jackson stock pickup to BKP Aftermath
-New pots, volume and jack output
-New tuners with locking ability
-Eventually a new bridge, which is not a neccesity.

What I'd love to hear from You is how to install particular stuff (reffering links are okay) and what stuff should I get. I'm also considering the Lundgren M-6 as a pickup, but I don't know any badass pots or volume controlers or any of those electronics. Could You please help me? :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
That should be a pretty simply mod, just make sure what ever locking tuners you decide on that they are as close to a direct fit as the ones that are on there. Otherwise you might have to fill and drill new holes for the screws on the back or even have to dowel and redrill the holes for the tuning posts which could be a pain in the ass.

Rastamoneq

Reaction score
Thanks! What do You guys think, is it worth it? Or maybe should I get a better axe instead of this upgrade?

Devotee

Reaction score
Well, considering the fact that the BKPs alone probably cost around the same as the whole guitar i don't know if it would be worth it. The JS32s are really good guitars for the money and with a few upgrades can be fantastic but sticking a set of $250 pickups into a $300 guitar seems to me like an exercise in turd polishing.
Having said that though, if you can get your hands on a Tone Pros bridge, a decent set of tuners and a set of used pickups on the cheap then why not?

Skoude

Reaction score
Instead of super expensive BKPs, maybe consider Irongear pickups...? I just discovered those ones myself (and placed an order for two sets for my builds) and could find only good reviews on them. And the price...they are super cheap! around £25 per pup, still people are comparing them to SD and DiMs... Should be a big improvement for the stock pups!

Rastamoneq

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll surely consider the possibilities. What do You think about the bridge, should I change it or don't even move it? Would that be worth it?

frogman81

Reaction score
I have a JS32T that I love as well! I put a JB pickup in the bridge right away and it's like a different guitar. They're about as plentiful as pickups get.