Modern Guitar Instrumental: The March of the Old Robots

• Thread starter woland
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

woland

Reaction score
Hi!
This composition is taken from a Facebook live streaming concert performed on January 8th 2022.

This song came up thanks to a wonderful sound I found on my Eventide Eclipse: a delayed ring modulator.
I had an Avalon DI, played the riff on the Eclipse and all the other parts came together in a few hours. I recorded the whole song in one day.
That special sound reminded me of a mechanical spring-loaded automata marching somewhere, and thanks to this song I became so interested in the world of Automata.
The video of the studio version has been filmed at François Junod studio, one of the most incredible automata makers in the world.
What an experience it was.

For those who are more interested in technical details: I later had to sell the Eclipse, so yes, I also lost that wonderful sound... but I needed the money and I couldn't tour bringing a rack unit with me. I've tried to make something similar using every kind of VST delay and ring modulators with no luck, so for the live version I just use a delay... but if the riff is played with the right intention, I think it sounds nice as well! On this live version for my 2022 show, I was even able to program an auto-panner during the fast picked run, that goes looped and comes back during the solo.

Hope you'll like it!
fabio

Guitar by Rick Toone
Pickups by Cycfi Research
Eventide Effects
Tuning: CGDAEG
Picks by Hiroshi Iketani
Strings: GHS

Music by Fabio Mittino

fabiomittino.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.