More of the same, but Brazil this time

• Thread starter zappatton2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zappatton2

Reaction score

I'm surprised this hasn't been a thread here yet, any Brazilians on the board? It's pretty much the same tactic we've seen the world over; aspiring autocrat uses social media disinformation and populist rhetoric to stoke violence against the democratic institutions that limit his access to, and use of, power.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Weird how Elon Musk gutted the disinformation control wing of Twitter in Brasil a month or two befre this happened, eh?

Thankfully this isn't spreading.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm surprised this hasn't been a thread here yet, any Brazilians on the board? It's pretty much the same tactic we've seen the world over; aspiring autocrat uses social media disinformation and populist rhetoric to stoke violence against the democratic institutions that limit his access to, and use of, power.
Oh wow! I hadn't realized how many weird connections there were between this incident and Trump. Truly weird stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
The proliferation of fake news in Brazil has been a marked escalation from what we've seen here in the US. Overall, not an inspiring trend.

sleewell

Reaction score
i thought i saw where they were going to sieze assets of the rioters to help pay for the damage they caused which is a great idea and we should have done that.

in terms of handling our coup attempt so that it wont happen again i would probably say we managed a 2/10.