Moving to Vancouver in September for school, looking for musicians to jam with.

• Thread starter swedenuck
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
I know it's a little pre-emptive but I'd rather get to know a few guys through here before heading across town to meet somebody I've never even had two words with. I play 7's (of course) and am always looking to form a project although it won't be my main focus until at least the following september, since that's when my program ends. Doesn't matter what you play just as long as you have an open mind to anything, I write with a definent metal undertone in everything but it ranges from lounge jazz to radio rock to funk to freak distorted country, to meshuggah inspired shifting meters. Not necessarily looking for another guitarist, I find it very hard to play with another guitarist since I have guitar ADD and never want to play the exact same thing twice.

I'll probably bump this up every month to see if there's any new interest...
that about does it.....

tata

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Well guess I'm not exactly what you're looking for as I'm a guitarist and a classical nerd who tends to play stuff exactly the same every time.

But hey, I do live in Vancouver and play guitars with 6, 7, 9, & 10 strings so at the very least we should have a jam and/or gear chat sometime when you're here.

AND YOU MUST SHOW ME YOUR SHERMAN 7 WHEN YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

What school are you going to btw?
There's a little vintage guitar shop on Granville @ 8th Ave called Not Just Another Music Shop where I'm one of the guitar teachers - pop by sometime when you're in town - send me a p.m. if you'd like to meet up.

cheers,
Leo

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan Leo, I'm going to Pacific Audio Visual Institute and taking their audio engineering and production program. I'll be sure to drop by seeing as it's just a few blocks away from the school.