Multi-scale Evertune coming soon

• Thread starter keyanhoushmand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
Meh

Big brain solution to a problem that creates more hassles than benefits.

Cool if you like it I guess. But seems like a very expensive upgrade that won't be worth it till they get the costs down.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
3d printing sure solves some problems but man do you pay for it. I just want them to release the evertune v2 so I can put one in one of my Schecters and route a hell of a lot less wood.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Keyan is being coy. He also just dropped a video on it. :) I'm intrigued.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Bah...
Multiscale scales and number of strings are so over the place that it's impossible to have standardized tremolos or Evertunes
I mean, my beloved Legator 9 strings is a 30-28, how much would an Evertune for that guitar cost? Or a tremolo for all that matters

Imho, Evertune should try to make a floating tremolo with their technology, and that would be insane, but the multiscale is just too over the place
It's cool that they're doing it, but it's an impossible market

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Imho, Evertune should try to make a floating tremolo with their technology, and that would be insane,
It would only be insane if it was designed to use it's functionality to negate the pitch fluctuation of the trem, so like with bending, you can go ham on the bar and nothing happens. That would be insane. 😅

Strobe

Reaction score
Now we just need movable true temperament frets that adjust to your specific tuning and key.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought they were working on a 2.0 version based on their bass bridge design (which is a lot more subtle). I'm still not interested in this ugly ass abomination.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I thought they were working on a 2.0 version based on their bass bridge design (which is a lot more subtle). I'm still not interested in this ugly ass abomination.
I suspect that the bass one is large enough that they can make each string it's own unit, allowing for any string count, and multiscale (even left-handed multiscale) with one SKU, and maybe the string spacing on a guitar doesn't give them enough room for the mechanism...though that's just me trying to pull a rationalization out of my ass, based on nothing.

blacai

Reaction score
is tuning stability such a big problem for a guitar that costs +1.5k€? I mean, I have some +2k€ LesPaul models without locking tuners, just good nut, tuners, bridge (what a guitar in that price range should have) and never have any kind of issues with the tuning stability. Just a check between songs, most ot times, no adjustment required.
1k€ extra for this...

spudmunkey

Reaction score
is tuning stability such a big problem for a guitar that costs +1.5k€? I mean, I have some +2k€ LesPaul models without locking tuners, just good nut, tuners, bridge (what a guitar in that price range should have) and never have any kind of issues with the tuning stability. Just a check between songs, most ot times, no adjustment required.
1k€ extra for this...
It's just as much about tuning stability as it is about how the strings react when played. You strum super hard, and you won't have the effect of the strings going sharp. You can gorilla-grip on your jumbo frets and scalloped fretboards, and not squeeze parts of a chord sharp.

Ever hear the advice to tune to the attack, not the sustain? It's because when you first pluck a string, its wobbling has a wider wave, meaning the string is stretched out slightly more, making it slightly higher pitch. I've also heard some say that you can get away using a lighter gauge for the lower strings, because it'll help minimize the pitch changes from being looser for the lower tunings.

keyanhoushmand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In a recording environment, nothing will ever substitute the stability of an evertune bridge. You could have a guitar with a perfectly cut nut, fresh strings, perfect set-up, good string action at the headstock etc. However, after 10 minutes of playing, the pitch WILL deviate. Even if it’s a couple of cents, that’s enough to take time out to tune and and pull you out of the moment. With an Evertune, not only will this not be an issue at all, but it will also address other things such as pitch drift and the compensating for the weight on your fretting hand and how that will affect notes.

The tension benefits that come from a multiscale is very subjective, but combining that with an Evertune should theoretically amount to an incredible instrument.
1k€ extra for this..