Must-listen recent Death Metal releases

• Thread starter ThomasUV777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtHam

Reaction score
you'll have missed out the whole squid DM stuff then, so you'll want to check out Portal, Paroxsihzem, Impetuous Ritual, Aevangelist, Abyssal, Antediluvian, Mitochondrian etc

"Squid" death metal? I love all those bands and that sound, but I've never heard it described as such :lol: I kinda dig it

This sounds great. Never heard anything like it before.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
With all the dissonance death metal going on in here I'm surprised no one has brought up Ulcerate! I don't know the titles of their tracks so I dunno what to post because this computer has no speakers.

revivalmode

Reaction score
Aborted latest album Retrogore and the EP before that, Necrotic Agenda is also a must listen, haven't really checked out their stuff before that

MattThePenguin

Reaction score

Aside from the Sound of Perseverance, this is hands down the best death metal I've ever heard and it has almost ruined the whole genre for me hahaha

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Aside from the Sound of Perseverance, this is hands down the best death metal I've ever heard and it has almost ruined the whole genre for me hahaha

I love it as well. Glad to see Gorguts making music again. I prefer Colored Sands and their earlier work over that newest release but it's still a really strong piece of music.

Also, to the person that posted Inanimate Existence, this is my first time listening to them and it's pretty damned good. Reminds me of Odious Mortem or Beyond Creation sort of. I really like it.

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
Gone Postal from Iceland changed their name to Zhrine and have a new/debut album:

Awesome!

nickintonate

Reaction score
I'm noticing a lot of good bands that are being brought up in this thread. Gorguts is a classic band for sure; I love Obscura (that's the album that changed the whole death metal game for me). But then comes Colored Sands which is just as beast of an album. I also have to say that other amazingly talented upcoming bands are Artificial Brain, Gigan and Ingurgitating Oblivion.

If you guys happen to like these sort of bands, feel free to check my band on Bandcamp. Our online album is being distributed for free! Cheers!

https://intonate.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/intonateofficial/

Attachments

• a4060614591_10.jpg
    a4060614591_10.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 0