My 1st EP: Colorado Sky - "Stormchaser"

• Thread starter Flemmigan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
After a few years of recording, self doubt, and re-recording, I finally put out an EP. It was mixed and mastered by the great @WidekMusic and I'm thrilled with the work he did.

Stormchaser-xsm.png
https://coloradosky.bandcamp.com/album/stormchaser
https://open.spotify.com/album/24DTm49YkyxNVGLEBuPF6C?si=H47jZTW1QS6ynYkueLe52w

Truth be told, I released it quietly a few months back but never posted about it since I was planning to tape a play through, but it's the end of the year and I haven't gotten around to that, so I figured I should just throw it out here before 2020 :lol:

The EP originally began as one song and ended up splitting into 6 tracks unified by a recurring chord progression, although I aimed for the whole album to flow seamlessly. Although instrumental, the concept is that of a 15-16 hour drive I had to make many times from Colorado to Texas. I tried to encapsulate the sparse brutality of those landscapes, as well as specific memories like driving through a hail storm (Stormchaser) and nearly running out of gas in literally the middle of nowhere (...Stranded).

Suffice to say it's best listened to on a rural drive, but will likely appeal to anybody with a taste for beefy C# standard riffs, ambiance, and big progressive/post-rock layering.

At any rate, I hope some of you will enjoy, and Happy 2020!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BLD

Bleeding The Weak
Reaction score
I've driven across Texas a few times. The last time was a straight shot from Sedona, AZ to Houston, TX with quick pit stops as needed. I'm a big metal guy, but you definitely captured some of the eclectic and anxious emotions of that drive. The mix sounds great too.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
Thanks so much for checking it out! And I agree, Widek did an incredible job on the mix.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
listend to the first song it was pretty cool. pllan on checking the rest out when I got time later.

but yeah i live in texas and travel all over....this would be great driving music for sure

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
listend to the first song it was pretty cool. pllan on checking the rest out when I got time later.

but yeah i live in texas and travel all over....this would be great driving music for sure

Thanks! Definitely check out the rest if you get a chance. The first song is more of an overture and then it picks up and gets a lot more fun from there. :)

shredder3386

Reaction score
Sounds awesome dude! Love the vibe and ambience you’ve created. Loving 287 (South) a lot right now, has a really cool prog feel to it. Can’t wait to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Got a big drive coming up so I think it will be perfect :). Well done man!

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Nice! Lot's off different stuff going on in there. I like it. That sax really took me off gaurd.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
Sounds awesome dude! Love the vibe and ambience you’ve created. Loving 287 (South) a lot right now, has a really cool prog feel to it. Can’t wait to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Got a big drive coming up so I think it will be perfect :). Well done man!

Hey Jeff, thanks for checking it out! I hope it gets some play time on the drive. Just don't get caught speeding; documented risk of the title track's last third. ;)

Nice! Lot's off different stuff going on in there. I like it. That sax really took me off gaurd.

Thank you, glad you dig it! My buddy Doug did an awesome job bringing that track (which was otherwise a fairly unremarkable transition up to that point) to life with the sax. He must have done like a dozen different takes (at his preference; I was sold on take one), each one sounding more amazing than the last. When he was finally satisfied with his own work, it sounded unbelievable. He's an accomplished musician and I was just lucky enough to be going to school with him at the time I was working on these tracks.

Thanks again to all of you for listening. Planning on some new tracks later this year!