My bands first demo.

• Thread starter heavy7-665
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
as far as i could hear, the music was very interesting, i really likd it, just the quality was pretty horrid (no offense, i just wanna state that if you want to get your demo really heard by people, you have to improve this)

but keep on moving, the world needs more good crossover bands!

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
We cant exactly afford a studio :lol:
you don't even need to, we made our last records with a budget of 400$ (for superior drum and guitar rig) and they turned out quite ok, so if you wanna get into home recording you can save a lot of dough

heavy7-665

Reaction score
you don't even need to, we made our last records with a budget of 400$ (for superior drum and guitar rig) and they turned out quite ok, so if you wanna get into home recording you can save a lot of dough

I cant wait to be able to.

Quantumface

Reaction score
a midnight drive is on your top friends?

you must have come through the great state of montana before eh??

but i agree. music is interesting i bet you guys are good live, but the quality of recording is terrible :)

heavy7-665

Reaction score
a midnight drive is on your top friends?

you must have come through the great state of montana before eh??

but i agree. music is interesting i bet you guys are good live, but the quality of recording is terrible :)

We passed through on tour actually. Phil from AMD is actually who recorded us.

Quantumface

Reaction score
Phil from AMD is actually who recorded us.

oh dear haha therein lies the problem i guess. but ah well as long as he did it as a favor or something and didnt charge you. a recording is a recording and some is better than none i guess. in most cases.. haha

the quality lies in your music and would benefit from a better quality recording but what can you do i guess. alot of times shit bands come coupled with shit recordings because they have no shame in settling with sub par production. which has been the case with other "projects" he has recorded haha. but in this case you guys sound like you got your shit together. now you know your next step

prh

Plini
Reaction score
sounds ok, but could be better even with a better mix! (your gear is adequate enough... its what i use too :agreed:)

just if anyone's interested in what i consider "quite ok", MAYHEM BY CANDLELIGHT [STREAMING WHOLE EP] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads , i mixed it myself and i'm totally not bulb, as stated above just guitar rig, superior drum, reaper and a lot of tweaking.

^good point here: same setup, much better mix (actually Lon, your mix is great!)

and if anyone is interested, click my sig - same GR4/superior set up for me (still in a huge tweaking phase/learning curve though), AND AS A BONUS, im pretty sure i used the same font for the "H" in my logo as the Hounds of Pavlov use on your band member pics :lol:

heavy7-665

Reaction score
oh dear haha therein lies the problem i guess. but ah well as long as he did it as a favor or something and didnt charge you. a recording is a recording and some is better than none i guess. in most cases.. haha

Thats how it was. I wasnt too into it. I just laid out all my parts and read some Shannara in the van :agreed: