My band's new EP Free Download (Instrumental prog metal with Saxophone)

• Thread starter gfactor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gfactor

Reaction score
https://exstellarator.bandcamp.com/album/specular-nova

This is a two track EP recorded, mixed, and mastered by me. The band also features another guitarist, a bassist, drummer, and a tenor sax.

Drums were recorded live, no programmed, all of the guitar tones are from my Marshall DSL50 though a 1960 4x12.

The first track is a video game cover from F-Zero which we also made a video for.

The second track starts off as a meal song and halfway throuh makes a leap into latin jazz.

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the piece :hbang:

This is pretty different from T.R.A.M and Trioscapes, which is what I thought it would sound like. I loved the grooves, especially the basslines. The melody is catchy as well.

The video is very well done. Personally, it was refreshing to see some great angles from players, as opposed to the "Camera on my Guitar Neck" play through videos ! The lighting and positioning of the members in the room was done well too. I like the aesthetics Whoever composed that set / did that shoot. Kept the distractions to a minimal, just a few carpets and some great lights. :yesway:

I will definitely check out the EP !

Cheers and thanks for sharing !! :cool: