My Current Work-In-Progress(any feedback wanted)

• Thread starter Omnibus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omnibus

Reaction score
Work In Progress by Omnibus1 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Spent the last 14 or so hours just hammering away at trying to get this intro section of a song of mine down to something that sounds nice. I don't have a bass yet, and my headphones are getting repaired right now so this ended up being done with some Apple Earbuds. Be as harsh as you would like, I want to soak up any tips, criticism, or advice I can. ANY and all feedback is welcome.

:metal: Thank you to those that listen. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omnibus

Reaction score
anybody? I'd really like to learn what I could do with this.(besides the obvious bass lacking)
I was able to get my headphones back just an hour or so ago, so that helps, but I'm new to mixing music and it would mean a lot to me.

Hzanco

Soon 2 b Groovatron
Reaction score
The snare sounds a bit dull, too thick maybe? I like a very articulated snare sound.

The cymbals sound great, very clean and present.

The guitars sound pretty nice and thick, no recommendations there.

I also think the kick could be punchier - more defined.

Even as it is, it's a pretty good mix. With some tweaks and a bass it can be a great mix!

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
I dig this tune dude! sounds good, but the kick could use just a bit more click to it

Omnibus

Reaction score
awesome. I can't wait to work on this a little more, its the first time that "mix" wise I have been somewhat pleased. I really get the drum thing now with my headphones, never really noticed on the buds as if it doesn't have enough of the kinda punch that you normally hear in metal. Thanks you a bunch guys :)

Latest posts