My Dads Axe-FX III + Song Preview

• Thread starter Ribboz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
NIce gift! Good vibes in that song, espcially love the runs around 1:30, 2:30 and the chage up around 242. That's a nice looking droid (rig) you have there sir. : )

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
What do you think of the song?
The parts that have straight 8th note palm mutes for rhythm would fit the drums and the leads better if they were gallops and it ends at the climax so could use at least a measure or two of falling action if not something more substantial. Other than that I thought it was a very entertaining listen!

Ribboz

Enjoy
Reaction score
The parts that have straight 8th note palm mutes for rhythm would fit the drums and the leads better if they were gallops and it ends at the climax so could use at least a measure or two of falling action if not something more substantial. Other than that I thought it was a very entertaining listen!
Thank you.

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How about Posting a Song of your playing, I'd love to hear it! :eddie:

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There is very little to no guitar playing in my music

The song is very good. I listened again and I stand by both of my critiques.
I disagree with "Gallops" within the Rhythm! but that's a matter of taste. For the ending there's so many ways to resolve, I didn't want the song to be too technicial.

I was just asking about a Clip and or Song, because I like to know what a person's playing style is other than an opinion and experience... [My ASCAP references].

There is so many "Talkers" on the internet that never seem to want to "Post a Simple Clip???".....

Last edited:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I disagree with "Gallops" within the Rhythm! but that's a matter of taste. For the ending there's so many ways to resolve, I didn't want the song to be too technicial.

I was just asking about a Clip and or Song, because I like to know what a person's playing style is other than an opinion and experience... [My ASCAP references].

There is so many "Talkers" on the internet that never seem to want to "Post a Simple Clip???".....
Please note that I had nothing to say about your playing, only the arrangement. If you send me the drum track I’ll happily record a quick a/b of the rhythm section with 8th notes vs gallops. For resolution I think literally anything would do, it just ends abruptly during a solo.

And finally, song critique was requested whether you were the one to request it or not. Getting defensive about it is strange especially since nobody had anything bad to say about your playing.

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Please note that I had nothing to say about your playing, only the arrangement. If you send me the drum track I’ll happily record a quick a/b of the rhythm section with 8th notes vs gallops. For resolution I think literally anything would do, it just ends abruptly during a solo.

And finally, song critique was requested whether you were the one to request it or not. Getting defensive about it is strange especially since nobody had anything bad to say about your playing.
I'm not bothered by your "Opinion" I just asked a simple thing to "Post a song or clip" how hard is that??? I just like to know your musical credibility, other than opinionated?

"Gallops would ruin the song!".....

Last edited:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
There's no need for you to try and justify your opinion! I'm not defensive of your "Opinion" I just asked a simple thing to "Post a song or clip" how hard is that??? I just like to know your musical credibility, other than opinionated?
It’s pretty hard given that, as I’ve said, I haven’t written any heavy music in over a decade and would therefore have to write some. And what would it prove? I can do something quick to prove my technical chops but that’s not really relevant to a discussion about arrangement. I could arrange something but the amount of work it would take to make an arrangement I’m happy with is beyond what I think is reasonable as a response to poorly taken criticism.

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It’s pretty hard given that, as I’ve said, I haven’t written any heavy music in over a decade and would therefore have to write some. And what would it prove? I can do something quick to prove my technical chops but that’s not really relevant to a discussion about arrangement. I could arrange something but the amount of work it would take to make an arrangement I’m happy with is beyond what I think is reasonable as a response to poorly taken criticism.
"Again" I'm not bothered at the least about your criticism!!!! I just like to hear something, Anything to show some foundation and I understand that your an Amature but that song took around an hour and a half, maybe two hours to do! [everything].

Unfortunately your trying to turn things around, as my fault? of your own inabilities to Post a Simple Song/Clip? I Disagreed with the Galloping rhythm, and your saying it's poorly taken criticism??? You don't know what your talking about!!!

If you want to be taken seriously have material to back what you say! Otherwise most musician's will know your "full of it"..

Done.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"Again" I'm not bothered at the least about your criticism!!!! I just like to hear something, Anything to show some foundation and I understand that your an Amature but that song took around an hour and a half, maybe two hours to do! [everything].

Unfortunately your trying to turn things around, as my fault? of your own inabilities to Post a Simple Song/Clip? I Disagreed with the Galloping rhythm, and your saying it's poorly taken criticism??? You don't know what your talking about!!!

If you want to be taken seriously have material to back what you say! Otherwise most musician's will know your "full of it"..

Done.
Dude why are you being hostile? Why do you want to hear someone else's song before deciding whether to accept their suggestion? Just consider their feedback or don't; it's not their responsibility to prove to you their worthiness or something. Especially when it's a song you threw together in two hours (and frankly, that much was clear).

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude why are you being hostile? Why do you want to hear someone else's song before deciding whether to accept their suggestion? Just consider their feedback or don't; it's not their responsibility to prove to you their worthiness or something. Especially when it's a song you threw together in two hours (and frankly, that much was clear).
I wasn't being hostile at the least, I just disagree with a person's opinion and then just asked to hear a clip/song [to understand their style & point of view] then it turned around as a bad thing to ask? criticism is a good thing but my song would have been terrible with Galloping, like "Run to the hills?"

Lets just move on.....

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I wasn't being hostile at the least, I just disagree with a person's opinion and then just asked to hear a clip/song [to understand their style & point of view] then it turned around as a bad thing to ask? criticism is a good thing but my song would have been terrible with Galloping, like "Run to the hills?"

Lets just move on.....
Exactly like run to the hills, but slower. Your rhythm section is rhythmically in tension with itself with the straight 8th notes. It’s not a bad choice by itself but it distracts from the lead playing which IMO is the focus of the piece. The end is distracting with how abruptly it cuts off.

You should generally assume that nobody on a forum is “qualified” to give advice. If you choose to ask for critique from strangers on the internet you’ll have to judge it based on the merit of the critique itself not the person making it.

You should not be asking for critique on forums and you should also ask your son not to ask for it in your place if this is going to be your response.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

I just like to know your musical credibility, other than opinionated?

Done.

Lets just move on.....

You seem fun at parties. Also, that was sarcasm. Do I need to post references?

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Exactly like run to the hills, but slower. Your rhythm section is rhythmically in tension with itself with the straight 8th notes. It’s not a bad choice by itself but it distracts from the lead playing which IMO is the focus of the piece.

You should generally assume that nobody on a forum is “qualified” to give advice. If you choose to ask for critique from strangers on the internet you’ll have to judge it based on the merit of the critique itself not the person making it.

You should not be asking for critique on forums and you should also ask your son not to ask for it in your place if this is going to be your response.
First thing "Triplets" would sound terrible [at least to me] with this song! unfortunately the drum program does have the kick doing a bit more busy, than I might have liked? My son gave me the AXE-FX III as a birthday gift, I found a patch I liked and I wanted to supprise him with a song. I came up with this song as a first impression from a Drum Program, then added a couple rhythm tracks, acoustic intro, bass and synth intro then solo. Everything was "first pass" I don't like to edit solo's, it feels better continuity [I've done a dozen albums] it's second nature.

I'm sorry that it turned out "weird?" believe it or not but at least a thousand listeners really liked the song [probably guitarists?] from YouTube and others, since released a couple days ago [it's one song out of an album] my son likes Neo, Hard Rock, Lynch, Sykes, EVH etc. You might also not believe "how many guitar players" on forums have always asked me "Post a song" so they know, what I say is from experience [record companies, tours, A&R's, clinics etc.]. Again, I'm sorry to have offended you.

I think "Forums" have me a little jaded, so many "Want to hate someone or something?" with no consideration. Thanks for your opinion..... :)

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Your rants are all fine, you think the song is perfect, you think I’m unqualified etc. All well and good for you

Don’t ask for critique if you don’t want it.
Nothing is perfect! but THANK YOU for your critique.....

Status
Not open for further replies.