My debut EP "Shadowplay" is now on bandcamp!

theo young

Reaction score
Today I released my debut instrumental EP "Shadowplay"! This is pretty exciting for me as it's my first release. You can check it out at the link below :)

Bandcamp:
https://theoyoung.bandcamp.com/

This was mastered by Luke Martin at Versed Audio, Peterborough, UK.

If you dig it you can keep updated via my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/theoyoungmusic

Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Previewed a few tracks. Not really my cuppa, but not bad. Keep it up :yesway:

theo young

Reaction score
Cheers dude glad you liked it!

Signal chain through my Axe-fx Ultra for most of the patches was:
Noise gate -> Compressor -> Drive block -> Amp -> Cab -> EQ -> (Delay ->Reverb for those sorts of patches) -> Compressor

Hope that's what you were after!

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
Really great sounding stuff! Can't wait to listen to it when I get home.
Stuff like this is always inspiring!

Rizzo

Reaction score
Totally Plini-ish to me as well! Awesome stuff, will have a complete listen ASAP! Keep the good work up man! :D

seddamusic

Reaction score
you should consider uploading the EP on youtube. You already have it as a "pay what you want download," so it's only going to help you spread the word. That's what I did with mine and it helped, especially since your artwork is good

Reaction score
you should consider uploading the EP on youtube. You already have it as a "pay what you want download," so it's only going to help you spread the word. That's what I did with mine and it helped, especially since your artwork is good

Would you upload it as separate tracks, or as a "Full album" video? I want to do this myself, too, but don't know which one works best.

seddamusic

Reaction score
Would you upload it as separate tracks, or as a "Full album" video? I want to do this myself, too, but don't know which one works best.

*ask me if you want me to remove my link. not trying to advertise my shit*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5baTq7z1X8E

ORIGINALLY I was going to split it up into different videos, because I wanted to have artwork for each different song (due to the nature of the project).

Put yourself into someone else's shoes. What's the first thing you do when someone recommends a good musician? You probably look it up on youtube. In my case, my EP is short enough so that people will be willing to listen to it in one go. Sometimes I stay away from a full 50-minute album (if it's never been recommended to me) because that's how the brain works in this instant gratification era. Not necessarily bad, it's just the way it is. In THAT case, I would consider splitting your stuff into several videos.