My first Custom 7 by Markline Guitars!

• Thread starter Giuseppe79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Giuseppe79

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Marco Di Profio (a dear friend and a great luthier) is making my Custom 7!
Here's the specs:

-Neck-through construction, 5 pieces of wengè-maple
-Ebony fretboard
-26,5"
-Burled maple top
-Mahogany wings
-Fixed bridge, a SD Distortion (bridge position) and a PAF7 (neck)
-1 volume

The work is still in progress ...some photos! (sorry for the shitty quality btw...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drenz

Reaction score
The headstock shape looks great, i really like it. And i also love how bright the grains are in that wenge, i actually think i like it more than the typical dark grained wenge ive been seeing all over these forums!

Giuseppe79

Reaction score
The headstock shape looks great, i really like it. And i also love how bright the grains are in that wenge, i actually think i like it more than the typical dark grained wenge ive been seeing all over these forums!
Thank you!
Yes the shape of the headstock is great, similar to the Jackson Broderick (I...and I love that guitar!).
The woods are really beautiful , the grain of the wenge is just insane! :yesway:

Cremated

Reaction score
Damn, that wenge looks amazing! Looks like it's going to be a quality guitar man. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Necromagnon

Reaction score
Is it me or the picture or the fretboard is not centered in the neck?
When I look at the jonction with the body, on your last pic, I see it clearly moved on the right side, should say of a few millimeters.

Giuseppe79

Reaction score
Is it me or the picture or the fretboard is not centered in the neck?
When I look at the jonction with the body, on your last pic, I see it clearly moved on the right side, should say of a few millimeters.

The fretboard is centred perfectly...maybe a strange photo-effect?
If you look the photos above it'e more clear how the fretb is fitted on the neckthrough block :yesway:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
This came out amazing! I love the color clash. Reminds me of marc okubos guitar a bit. What kind of finish are you gonna put on it?
Lots of people like oil, but with woods as beautiful as this i like to see them with something more protective!

Giuseppe79

Reaction score
This came out amazing! I love the color clash. Reminds me of marc okubos guitar a bit. What kind of finish are you gonna put on it?
Lots of people like oil, but with woods as beautiful as this i like to see them with something more protective!

Thank you!
This beauty will be completed with some nitro finish! More photos soon! :shred:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit dicks! Is that just a regular black dye over that burl? Makes it pop right the hell out!