my friend needs amp recommendations under 250 euros

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can you all order from Thomann?
This This Or this would all be pretty solid.

The Katana 50 is a very solid choice out of that lot.

I haven’t tried the smaller Yamahas. That one is the acoustic version; is the guy playing acoustic? If not, there’s the version for electric here:

The Katana Mini is good, for a battery-powered toy. Sure, there’s no app to worry about, but it’s also closer to being in the same league as a Blackstar Fly 3 than most of the other amps mentioned so far. It’s an amp I would keep on my desk at work, to play three times a year and not care if it got stolen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The floor modelers at this price range have much better modeling algorithms than the modeling amps imho. For example the Hotone Ampero Mini has killer tones for almost 230 euro...

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think he’s trying to get an amp for that price. Cutting-edge modeling is kind of wasted on budget amps — just one of several reasons why you’re unlikely to see them together.

Edit: Unless a company like Hotone… were to… make an amp?

Honestly I’m a little surprised. I figured brands like Hotone were intentionally limiting them to small form factor items you could order on Amazon and sneak past your spouse along with the artisan-crafted gourmet egg beaters and the knockoff Keurig cartridges.

Last edited: