My honda civic\m/ (56k not ftw!!!)

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Camaro V6? LOL Everyone I know laughs at V6 camaros and poonstangs...these are guys with Firebirds, etc...and my friend Dave who has a '69 Camaro which is badass.

n36611023_30423462_8836.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Why the need for all the unnecessary gauges and blue interior lights?

meh, until it gets boosted its not really a race car by any means.

The gauges aren't unnecessary... I mean a tach is kind of necessary to know when you might want to shift, or possibly know if your engine is going to explode. The blue LED dash... well that's just replacing a white led with a blue one, hahaha, not a major mod there, haha. And the 2 cathode lights under the seats, 5 minute install, and I got them for free, so why not?

Also the 3 additional gauges I'm getting are quite necessary. Oil pressure, because I didn't realize my engine was leaking oil for a few days, and when I finally figured it out, it had almost emptied out. The compression in the engine, because when I got the car, the compression was all wrong because the engine was torqued in wrong, and there were pressure gaps inbetween the head and the block... not to mention I was burning about 1/8th of my fuel because of it.... and the oxygen/fuel sensor will just tell me basically the same thing, so that I know if my car has a problem with it. Without those things, it's quite hard to realize what exactly is going wrong with your car by simply looking at it.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Join some car message boards for good info. There are usually picstories for inastalls for parts. They really help out. No matter what you have..there are others in the same circumstance with the same interests. I am at a few sites for the
LS1 motor. There would HAVE to be a million of them for Hondas, Toyotas etc. Be careful though...most car guys exagerate quite a bit because they can hide behind their screen name. Do plenty of research...and most importantly...Ask me!!

Definitely listen to this man's words, he knows what he is telling you. :yesway:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful and stay legal. I get tried at almost every light I am first in line for. It doesn't matter what it is next to me. I personally have nothing to prove so I usually let them be an idiot...although sometimes I just can't let it go.

Join some car message boards for good info. There are usually picstories for inastalls for parts. They really help out. No matter what you have..there are others in the same circumstance with the same interests. I am at a few sites for the
LS1 motor. There would HAVE to be a million of them for Hondas, Toyotas etc. Be careful though...most car guys exagerate quite a bit because they can hide behind their screen name. Do plenty of research...and most importantly...Ask me!!

Yeah, I'm gonna go sign up to a few forums soon. The only thing I'm not liking about a lot of car guys, is the fact that you get put on trial for asking questions. I'm exclusively buying my parts from this guy Mike at Shucks right now, becuase he's fresh out of college and did the same thing, so he understands quite a bit. He's taught me a lot and has given me some great tips.=)

The first time I walked in, I explained the situation about my car, hahhaa, and he just laughed and said that they'll get me taken care of. This was after going into NAPA, and being told that they think honda's are for pussies.... so I left, hahah.:yesway:

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
don't sweat the whole trial and crap, just search before asking questions. They get like that if you don't do your research, most likely for your car the question has been answered a million times.

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Be careful and stay legal. I get tried at almost every light I am first in line for. It doesn't matter what it is next to me. I personally have nothing to prove so I usually let them be an idiot...although sometimes I just can't let it go.
If I have another Mustang pull up next to me and push his RPMs, I'm gonna fuckin' shoot his winshield out. It's become tiresome.

If you want to have fun:
- Rev with him. Be animated- "You wanna go, punk? I'll run ya..." get all ancy and ready to race. When the light turns green, slowly ease the clutch out and giggle as he tears away from an imaginary opponent.
- I keep a couple of packets of mayo in the truck. When the guy pulls up next to me and starts revving, I rip off the little edge of the packet and get it ready in my lap. Just before the light turns green, I'll arch my body, tilt my head back, and crush the mayo pack so it squirts onto the door glass. With any hope he's not only disgusted but also confused.
:D

Dive-Baum- Come to down to Jemfest this year. I'll take ya for a spin. :)

goth_fiend

Reaction score
^LOL thats gold nice honda, needs a lot of work but its going in the right direction, I am working on my hyundai right now, it doesnt have much, but eventually I would like to see it get up to about 350whp

tib.jpg

note* this is not my interior(though mine is 99% the same), but my camera sucks ass at taking night pics
DashMedium.jpg

CockpitMedium.jpg

as of right now I have an ark racing short throw kit in my car, sparco shift knob, and pedals and Im getting ready to put in new intake, headers and exhaust as well as 17's

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep a couple of packets of mayo in the truck. When the guy pulls up next to me and starts revving, I rip off the little edge of the packet and get it ready in my lap. Just before the light turns green, I'll arch my body, tilt my head back, and crush the mayo pack so it squirts onto the door glass. With any hope he's not only disgusted but also confused.

LMFAO!!!!!!!! that is pure genious!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
he's runnin a V6 3 liter apparently. I have no clue about those engines so dont' even ask, hahahha. And why the hell would you do that!? If anything, you should be telling everyone you have like 20 less hp under the hood, so that way when you smoke some people they think it's because you're a good driver or you tweaked your car properly.:lol:

:lol: Dude, saying "I smoked a 350HP Camaro" = small block v8. That car you killed has 190hp and weighs a ton more than your car. ;)

Come on guys. 350HP Tiburons? Do you have any idea how much work and money that would take?

Here's my old car from when I went through the same phase as David. :D

ec1.jpg

ec2.jpg

ec3.jpg

I know a little about tuning cars. ;) I also ran this site for four years. You can make imports quick, absolutely. You can make 'em fast if you have time, money and experience to go with a FI setup, but you aren't going to get 350HP out of one unless you're willing to invest some SERIOUS cash with absolutely no return on investment.

The worst thing you can do in the eyes of a fellow wrench-spinner is make exaggerated claims about your car and what it can do. ;)

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score
Eclipse love. :wub:

What does that civic run?

I ran 15.1 with my shitbox. ACT clutch, B&M short shifter, and an AEM intake. :lol:

2h4x5sn.jpg

goth_fiend

Reaction score
Come on guys. 350HP Tiburons? Do you have any idea how much work and money that would take?

I am quite aware of how much time and money It would cost to do this, I simply stated I would like to get to that point someday, then again I may get a different car by that time, ya never know

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: Dude, saying "I smoked a 350HP Camaro" = small block v8. That car you killed has 190hp and weighs a ton more than your car. ;)

Here's my old car from when I went through the same phase as David. :D

The worst thing you can do in the eyes of a fellow wrench-spinner is make exaggerated claims about your car and what it can do. ;)

Wait, I'm confused... His camaro only has 190? Then we'd be the same, and that would make perfect sense why I creamed his petty ass.:fawk: :lol:

But then there wouldn't be anything to brag about. Either way, he'd be fucked he actually gives us a read out on what his car is actually running. Scenario A) his car does have 350hp, and that just means he can't drive, or B) his car doesn't, and he's lying to make himself look cool. It's a burn either way.

A 350hp in a hyundai? How much cash do you have...? shiiiit. That's just just replacing the engine, that's like doing what you do to a civic like mine. Take out everything except for the metal frame basically, and replacing everything else.

My friend had a Hyundai Tiburon... and oh, my, god, the thing, never ran well at all. I mean people think that Honda's are cheap pieces of shit, which is interesting because they're the most stolen and hold their value the most... and to me, that's what I think of Hyundai. If someone ever rolls up with a pimped out Hyundai that runs smooth, I'll give them their props, and totally dig their car. Considering I haven't seen one yet, even at any of the races... I just don't know. I mean tons of people have them, but they're usually the ones who get a 2-3 car length headstart.:lol:

Oh yeah, and I have a camera/video camera that took these sick pics.=D I'll take some vids soon.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused... His camaro only has 190? Then we'd be the same, and that would make perfect sense why I creamed his petty ass.

Yes, because his car is made to take a 350, but since his is the cheap model, it's HP/Weight ratio is completely off.

If you want to dump big money into a car to make it fast, go with American muscle. Rice is fun, rice is neat, but riced out imports are a dime a dozen and you don't get jack shit for them in the end. It's a lot of fun though. Nobody thinks Hondas are cheap pieces of shit, it's just that there are a lot of cheap bolt-on HP-making items for them, and it makes young kids think their car is fast. 13 second 1/4's are not fast. 10 second quartermiles are fast. And unless you're running some boost, you aren't getting that out of your car, so put your goddamned interior back in so it's comfortable. :fawk:

FI Civics can be fast. But without some kind of boost, your car is still a slow 4-banger with some bolt-ons. No offense, I had one too (though mine was a V6) and it was still a slow car made faster than the stock version with some bolt ons. I ran Nitrous, but it's completely impractical on the street and a tuning nightmare to get it dialed in.

David, don't streetrace. :squint:

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
...it's just that there are a lot of cheap bolt-on HP-making items for them, and it makes young kids think their car is fast.
A single "NOS" sticker placed on any fender will net you over 20 HP.

(Chris- you think the ZEX was fun to dial in with your Eclipse? Imagine 3-stage NO2 with my engine. :) )

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, because his car is made to take a 350, but since his is the cheap model, it's HP/Weight ratio is completely off.

If you want to dump big money into a car to make it fast, go with American muscle. Rice is fun, rice is neat, but riced out imports are a dime a dozen and you don't get jack shit for them in the end. It's a lot of fun though. Nobody thinks Hondas are cheap pieces of shit, it's just that there are a lot of cheap bolt-on HP-making items for them, and it makes young kids think their car is fast. 13 second 1/4's are not fast. 10 second quartermiles are fast. And unless you're running some boost, you aren't getting that out of your car, so put your goddamned interior back in so it's comfortable. :fawk:

FI Civics can be fast. But without some kind of boost, your car is still a slow 4-banger with some bolt-ons. No offense, I had one too (though mine was a V6) and it was still a slow car made faster than the stock version with some bolt ons. I ran Nitrous, but it's completely impractical on the street and a tuning nightmare to get it dialed in.

David, don't streetrace. :squint:
I'm running a quarter mile in a little over 12, so that's a start.:yesway:

I definately don't have the funds to turbo my car, but a nitrous system is affordable and would help. My only fear with that, is misusing it and blowing my engine. I've seen a few friend's dot hat and end up driving an 88 stock civic.:lol:

And yeah, I do street race. I shouldn't. There's a lot of things I shouldn't do, but I don't have anyone holding me back telling me not to (other than the police and people online, such as you). It's fun, and as long as I only endanger myself, then I'm happy.=) Another thing that keeps me amused, is that if you get a ticket in high school, it doesn't go on your record, and your insurance agent doesn't find out. I get to go to "student court" and they give me community service. Haven't gotten a ticket yet, but I get pulled over quite a lot for randoms usually dealing with profiling.

What's nice about street races, is that often times before you race somebody you get to pop eachothers hoods and see what they got. Then you line up with one person getting a little handicap to make the race fair, if their car isn't as quick. Lucky for me, my little honda is a little quicker than a lot of the other ricers out there.:metal:

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dude, community service SUCKS BALLZ.
Do you think you'll be putting books away at the local library? Think again. You'll probably end up cleaning cop cars. You should see the amazing amount of shit (and piss, and vomit, and DNA) in the back of a cop car.

Maybe you'll get lucky and just have to dig a 2-mile ditch. Then fill it in. All week.

You are absolutely fooling yourself if you think that none of that shit shows up on your record. I promise you it's there.

Don't street race. It's dumb, chicks do NOT dig it, and the only winner is the guy who doesn't end up dead. Those are shitty odds, my friend.

You may think you're only endangering yourself, but in actuality, you're putting EVERYONE in danger. How would you feel if you blew a tire and slammed into the guy next to you....forcing him off the road, and into an embankment, where the stop is so abrupt his head is removed from his neck by sheer force? Yeah...that's hot. I'd be able to sleep.
What about the car that you two dolts didn't see coming out of the parking lot? No...not the bus full of nuns. I'm talking about the guy working late at his office. The guy with 3 kids at home. The one you simply didn't see because you were fucking with your neon trying to distract your opponent. The one who's car you just clipped, and now it's on fire. It's a shame his door got jammed in the hit. It sure would have been nice if he could have gotten out.

Use your brain. Please.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm running a quarter mile in a little over 12, so that's a start.:yesway:

Timeslip?

12 seconds from a N/A Civic is awfully fast dude.

And yeah, I do street race. I shouldn't. There's a lot of things I shouldn't do, but I don't have anyone holding me back telling me not to (other than the police and people online, such as you). It's fun, and as long as I only endanger myself, then I'm happy.=) Another thing that keeps me amused, is that if you get a ticket in high school, it doesn't go on your record, and your insurance agent doesn't find out. I get to go to "student court" and they give me community service. Haven't gotten a ticket yet, but I get pulled over quite a lot for randoms usually dealing with profiling

I don't give a fuck if you go to prison. You could kill someone else. Don't fucking street race. Take your shit to a track. The father of three you kill when you lose control of your car won't come back while you're in "student court". It's irresponsible and it makes you a fucking asshole. You aren't only endangering yourself, you're a young kid driving an economy car with some stickers on it as fast as you can on public roads thinking you're Johnny Racer. Newsflash: You aren't a race car driver, and bolt on mods to your car don't change the fact that it's still a HONDA CIVIC. Not an F1 car, not a McLaren, a fucking commuter car with an exhaust and an intake.

It's not made to handle well, and if you blow a tire and go sailing into some guy working third shift coming home to his family, guess what? He's going to die, and so are you. Don't fucking streetrace, it's the most idiotic, irresponsible thing you could possibly do. Take up smoking crack or something, at least that way you'll only kill yourself.