My white whale: the SR7viiSC!

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is probably the craziest thing I've seen in a while and now I want one .

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
:lol: That's exactly the same way I came to own one, lol.

BTW, Nice Rics in your avatar!

Not mine ... just a ripped image of them I will end up getting a 4003 soon , and I already have some sick plans to modify it and make it something unique .

If only money grew on fretboards....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Congratulations!

One of these and an Ashula are on my "never gonna happen" bucket list.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Just like you said I always wanted one, never knew what the hell id do with it but still want one!
Did they make another run of 7s? I remember seeing these but never knew it was so limited in production

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Just like you said I always wanted one, never knew what the hell id do with it but still want one!
Did they make another run of 7s? I remember seeing these but never knew it was so limited in production
Nope, just that original run. They pop up FS fairly rarely, but when they do they’re ALWAYS in excellent condition. No one knows what the fuck to do with them, so they never get routes, and rarely played. :lol:

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I opened this thread expecting that huge BTB 7 string that Ibanez was making in 2018 or so. As I started reading, I realized it was more like the SRC6 crossover bass (soundgear body, Fender VI bass tuning) in seven string form... Wow.

Since you are looking for a use case, probably just that through a slightly gritty amp with some piano / keys and vocals would be awesome. Nice find!

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Damnit this thread again! Stop reigniting my gas guys!!

@Hollowway how's it holding up? Any gripes?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Damnit this thread again! Stop reigniting my gas guys!!

@Hollowway how's it holding up? Any gripes?
No gripes! It’s fun to mess around on, and I’m not at all out off by the weirdness. I know true bass players can get out off by tight string spacing at the bridge, but I love this crazy beast!

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I’ve been wanting one of these crazy beasts for a looooooong time. One finally popped up on reverb Sunday, so I snapped it up. I way overpaid ($650 more than the one listed for $1175 A MONTH AGO. I don’t know how the fudge I missed that. I mean, I’m on reverb like it’s my job, and I’m following “sr7viisc” so you’d think I would have seen that one, and this would be about that. But I missed it.) but I didn’t want to wait around for these one of rarities to pop up again. I guess I’ve had enough good deals that I can afford to take one in the pants every once in a while. :lol:

Anyway, for those who don’t know, this is a 30” 7 string bass (tuned like a 7 string guitar, but down an octave) with 11 mm string spacing, a jazz middle pup, and two Jax bridge pups wired as a humbucker. It’s suuuuuuper cool! I have zero idea what I’m going to do with it, but I love that it exists, and I have always wanted one. Here are the seller’s pics (because I literally just got it a few hours ago, and tuned it back up).
View attachment 97983
View attachment 97984View attachment 97985View attachment 97986
So stoked you finally found one! It looks so badass.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Never seen one of these. Wes Borland would like a word :lol:

I actually dreamt up a concept kinda like this once and I showed it to a friend...he called it a 'guitarded-bass'. I think it's pretty rad TBH :yesway:

Latest posts